Next Gen - search results do not indicate if issue is on board or in backlog

Mark_Price March 25, 2020

I use filters with my next-gen project to find a specific subset of issues (e.g. for a particular client, for a particular product, etc.).  The problem is that when I am viewing the filter resuts, I have no way of knowing if an issue is on the board or not.  There is no field that indicates that.  I can't use Status because issues in backlog and board both have a status of Not Started.  So I have to go to the backlog screen, search for the issue and see where it is.

Also, issues in the backlog can be edited and have their status changed to a column status even if they aren't on the board.   That makes no sense.

Further, even if I DID see this distinguishing factor in a filter result set, there is no way to promote an issue from backlog to board.  I have to copy the number, go to the Backlog screen, search for it, and then drag it to board. 

That is all so much overheard and makes it impossible to quickly manage issues in a rapidly moving environment like ours.  Am I missing something?

2020-03-25_15-36-06.png

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2020

Hello @Mark_Price ,

Currently there is not a way to distinguish the difference between an issue in a board vs the backlog in JQL, we are tracking interest in this at the following feature request, make sure to add a vote and add a comment with any additional feedback you have on the feature:

Regards,
Earl

Mark_Price May 13, 2020

I migrated us to a Classic project.   Too many gaps in Next Gen, this one being the biggest.  Classic has a "Backlog" status that works great.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events