Making story points mandatory

Michele Nilsen August 19, 2019

I'm trying to enforce story points by making them required for a ticket to move out of the To Do column. I've had no problem doing this with the standard version of Jira but can't seem figure it out with the next-gen version. Would love some insight on if this is even possible, and if so, how to do it.

Thanks!

Michele

2 answers

1 vote
Mike Heyns August 25, 2019

My solution is to provide a default value for each issue type. This is not ideal but at least the field is populated unless someone explicitly empties it.

Michele Nilsen August 26, 2019

Unfortunately this wouldn't solve my needs as a default value would just allow my engineers to do what they are doing now - which is start work without providing an LOE and thus negating the ability to use velocity as an output measuring tool. Definitely appreciate the suggestion though :)

1 vote
Fabricio Schwochow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2019

Hi Michele,

Unfortunately, you can't do it yet on the next-gen, but there is a feature request opened here. I strongly recommend you to vote in this feature request and drop a comment to let the product management know about your use case. By doing this, it will ensure you're proactively informed of progress and updates going forward.

Regards,
Fabricio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events