Limit Done tasks

Lilia Gyurova January 10, 2023

Hello Team,

I'm looking for an option to limit issues in my DONE column of a Scrum Board.

I've already checked this topic: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Team-managed-projects-questions/How-to-limit-number-of-tasks-shown-in-quot-Done-quot-column/qaq-p/1363800 but I don't see the " ..." next to column names, so I'm not able to change settings for the columns.

I've tried in Active sprint mode and in " Configure Board" , but with no success.

I know that all Done issues will disappear when I close the sprint, but I want just to keep sprint open but just limit tasks in DONE.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Lili

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

I am curious as to why this would be of any use?  Done issues need no more work, so there's no need to limit the column.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

Hi @Lilia Gyurova 

Do you mean for an Active Sprint, limit/filter the "Done" issues off the board?

If yes, not that I know of. You can on Kanban Boards; when you have Issues in the "Done" column a breadcrumbs (3-dots icon) will appear next to the column title, and you can clear the Done issues from the Board.

In Scrum Boards though, it'll only be cleared when the Sprint is closed.

---

You could create a filter though to limit the Issues visible on the Board? To do this you'll need to be a Project Admin, and then...

• Go to your Project Settings
  • Select Board > Custom Filters, from the left-hand menu
  • Give the filter a Name, and enter the Filter Query - for example, to show Issues which are not in any "Done" Status, you might use...
    • statusCategory != Done
  • Press Create

You can then activate your Custom Filter back on your Board, from the relevant drop-down menu. 

The Done Issues will then be hidden, even if the Sprint is still "active".

See this help page for more information on custom board filters.

---

Let us know if the filter works for you!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events