Kanban Board Next Gen

Yuliia Zhyliaieva March 27, 2020

I read in the docs, that issues from the last column of the Kanban Board in Next Gen projects disappear in 14 days. That does not happen, and I have issues piled up for months. What's wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2020

Hello @Yuliia Zhyliaieva

Thank you for reaching out.

There are some actions that can cause the issues at the right-most columns of Next-gen boards to be considered as "Open issues", and then they will not disappear after 14 days.

Usually, this incoherency can be caused by changing the order of the columns in a way that a different one gets added as the last one, however, keeping the issues in the last column during those movements.

To confirm if the scenario above is the one you are facing, please check if the issues that don't disappear are not flagged with the checkmark of resolution:

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 16.03.35.png

To properly set the resolution of the issues, try the following steps and check if the done checkmark gets added to them:

1 - Create a new column on the board and add it as the last one. Then, change the issues from the currently done column to the new column you created

2 - Move the issues to a different column and back to the last one

Additionally, please make sure you have not turned-on the Sprint feature on your Kanban board. If you did it, the expected behavior is that the issues will disappear from the last column when the sprint is concluded and not after 14 days.

Let us know if the steps worked for you.

Yuliia Zhyliaieva April 15, 2020

Hi, @Petter Gonçalves Peter!

The Sprint feature is not on in the project,

Yet some of the issues in the last column are ticked off as done, and for some reason some are not. Any way to get to know how it happens and how to improve it?

When I open issue that is not marked as resolved, with Done status, change status to In Progress and back to Done, it gets ticked off. 

How do I change this?

Untitled.png

Suggest an answer