Jira cloud for sheets does not support epics

Ewa Nocon December 3, 2019

Hi, does anyone knows why while import from Jira Next-gen I've got no result for epic columns? I mean:

• Epic Name
  • Epic Color
  • Epic Link
  • Epic Status
  • Epic/Theme

Every column is blank. What am I doing wrong? :(

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hello @Ewa Nocon,

Thank you for reaching out.

I can confirm that you are not doing anything wrong. In fact, the structure of Next-gen epics is completely different from the Epics in Classic projects.

As the idea of Next-gen is to provide you a "straight to the point" solution, Epics does not have any of the fields you mentioned (Epic Status, Link, Color). The Epics are linked directly to issues as a default link type, not requiring any of those fields.

That being said, could you please let us know if you had any problems with those missing fields in your current scenario? Or was it just more of an unknown behavior?

For more information about the differences between Next-gen and Classic projects, you can check the documentation below:

Core concepts behind Jira Cloud next-gen projects and ongoing changes to our existing APIs 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Ewa Nocon December 4, 2019

Hi @Petter Gonçalves , thank you for the explanation. However, I'm not sure if I understand you right - I understand that there are no epics, but also there is no column in search that tells me what "New-gen epic kind task" is linked to every common task? I thought maybe "Parent link" but it's also blank. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hello Ewa,

Unfortunately, that is the behavior we have for next-gen right now. There's no column in JQL search that provide you with the Epic linked to the issues in next-gen, that's why we are currently working to get the Epic link field implemented since we understand how this information is relevant:

As a user, I'd like to be able to use JQL for Epic Link for Next-Gen project epics 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, although this field can not be displayed as a column, you can search and return issues from the same Epic by using the Parent field:

parent = EPIC-123

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ewa Nocon December 9, 2019

Thank you Petter

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
December 10, 2019

You are welcome, @Ewa Nocon

Have a nice week ahead. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events