Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is Confluence compliant with FINRA WORM?

Edited

Hello, I am James from Chicago, and I run a how-to tech website. I am facing some problems.

I'm attempting to determine whether or not Confluence is FINRA WORM compliant. FINRA WORM compliance refers to FINRA regulations mandating that digital documents and communications be preserved on WORM media and that businesses must make data available for discovery and provide audit trails of data access, use, and deletion.

More information about WORM storage...

WORM storage, which stands for "write once, read many," explains the method of storing data so that it cannot be altered once it has been produced. Therefore, for WORM-compliant storage, businesses must have a system that renders these records unmodifiable and incapable of being overwritten or deleted. Moreover, users must be able to access and read this information readily.

The best way to conceptualize WORM data storage is as a snapshot of information that has been frozen in time.

The usage of cloud-based solutions is becoming an increasingly popular compliance strategy for organizations that take WORM compliance seriously. Instead of depending on physical records (such as hard drives or physical papers) that are readily destroyed or altered, cloud-based WORM-compatible storage enables businesses to make their data more accessible while still protecting it.

Utilizing cloud technology to store WORM data frees up physical space. It enables businesses to scale their storage capacity (rather than buying another floor in a building, a business with more records to safeguard can simply purchase a more significant share of a cloud).

2 answers

no es solo mantener la documentación obsoleta, tiene que evolucionar tambien creo, saludos.

The question was about WORM, which is absolutely about keeping obsolete documentation intact.  It's not what Confluence is for.

0 votes

You can do this, with a bit of effort, in Confluence - create a page and then restrict editing so that no-one can edit it.

But this is not what Confluence is designed for - it's a wiki, intended for collocation and keeping information up to date, not locking it down so.  It does, of course, have a complete history of change, so you can always go look at the original version of the document.

But it's just not for keeping obsolete documentation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events