I can't close sprint because of a "uncompleted" story that is not even on the sprint.

Daniela Tellechea November 19, 2019

I can't close one sprint. It says "sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues: SD-410" But SD-410 is on another sprint (not the one that I'm trying to close". Please help!

2 answers

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

Daniela - try running a project reindexing and then try closing the sprint again.

Jaron Stevenson November 20, 2019

Good call, I was wondering if it could be an indexing issue.

0 votes
Jaron Stevenson November 19, 2019

Hi Daniela!

A lot of people in my instance of Jira have run into this exact thing! The reason is whenever you have parent issues (issues with sub-tasks under them) on Sprint Board, all sub-tasks under them must also be completed before you can complete the sprint, even if the sub-task is on another board.

So, in order to complete the Sprint, that sub-task will either have to be transitioned into whatever the 'Done' status is, or removed from the parent issue. 

This functionality is described in this article, which also includes other good information about Sprints if you are interested! 

Regards,

Jaron

Daniela Tellechea November 19, 2019

Thanks Jaron,

That story and its child issues are NOT on the sprint that I'm trying to close. Why is this happening?

Hi,

I'm sorry, looks like I misunderstood your original question. So the parent issue is SD-410, and that issue is not on your sprint. 

It's hard for me to know what exactly the problem might be without seeing it. Any more information you can provide would be great (i.e. the filter query used for the board)

Can you make sure that all issues and sub-tasks related to those issues are in the right-most column of the board? And also make sure that there are no un-mapped 'Done' statuses? Those are most commonly the problem, and it's possible that the error message containing an unrelated issue is an indexing problem?

Hopefully someone else can chime in on this, cause I'm a little stumped. 

Hi,

I'm sorry, it appears I misunderstood the question! So SD-410 is the parent issue and it is not on your board.

It's somewhat difficult for me to diagnose the problem without being able to see it. Any extra information you could provide would be great! (i.e. the filter query used for the board).

Can you verify that all issues are in the right-most column of the board, and that you don't have any un-mapped statuses in the column settings? Those are generally the most common reasons for the error you're getting.

Hopefully someone else will have some ideas, I'm a little stumped on this one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events