I am struggling to find the "risk" issue type when using the next gen project

Kim January 13, 2020

can someone help me to configure the "risk" issue type with next gen software projects

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2020

Hi Kim,

Is the risk form something custom created by your admins, or is it from a product you bought on the marketplace?

kind regards,

Craig
Risk Register by ProjectBalm

Kim January 13, 2020

I am the admin, i am using the risk register cloud purchased through Atlassian

Like Kevin Bui likes this
Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2020

Hi Kim,

Which risk app? Is it Risk Register by ProjectBalm? If so, please submit a support request using the below link and we will get someone to look at it as soon as possible.

https://projectbalm.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Like # people like this
0 votes
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Kim ,

In next-gen Jira Software, the default issue types are Story, Task, Bug and Epic. To configure a Risk issue type, you'll need to add a new issue type:

1. Navigate to your next-gen project.
  2. Select Project settings.
  3. Select Issue types.
  4. Select Add issue type.

Hope that helps!

Kim January 13, 2020

repeatedly tried this but the risk option is not showing. I see it in the classic version and some pre-existing next gen projects but not new ones that i create today.

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

@[deleted] you can't share any configuration (yet) with next-gen projects - so if you already have a risk issue type configured from before then this cannot be used in next-gen. You need to create a new issue type in each next-gen project and rename it to "Risk" (or whatever you want).

Creating issue types in next-gen takes a fraction of the time compared with classic.

Let us know if this isn't the case and you are still having an issue.

Like Kim likes this
Kim January 16, 2020

This is consistent with the help provided by @Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_ which while not being as simple as would be desired, at least offers a path forward.

thanks for the follow up 

David Pinn January 16, 2020

The Risk Register add-on lets you specify the risk issue type on a per-project basis. Look for the 'Risk Register' tab in your project settings.

David Pinn
ProjectBalm (vendor of Risk Register)

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

@Kim ,

If you are an admin in the project, you can create your own issue type in the project.

You may refer the below document for better understanding.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/set-up-issue-types-in-next-gen-projects-949233753.html

Kim January 13, 2020

I am the admin, but when i create a new project in the next-gen format, the "risk" issue type is not available in the options list

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events