How to incorporate capacity planning into sprint planning? Jira Next Gen Cloud Version

Michelle Salguero December 6, 2021

I have a next-gen project. Is there some sort of plug in that can allow me to incorporate PTO/Holidays etc for each team member? I want to be able to see what is each team member available in JIRA. I know this is available as a feature in Advanced Roadmaps but my company is unable to upgrade our account type just for this sole purpose. Is there a plug-in or something that can allow me to see everyone's availability while we are sprint planning? 

3 answers

2 votes
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Michelle Salguero 

I'm Nataliya from ActivityTimeline team. I think ActivityTimeline might work well for you as it provide a resource planning and availability on a timeline view calendar. Also ActivityTimeline provides a Holiday Scheme - predefined set of holidays that can be applied for the whole team or creating each holiday individually. 
holiday_calendar.pngholiday_scheme.png

You can generate Report to track holidays/days-off. You can also import existing Holiday Schemes from Advanced Roadmaps for Jira, if you have these plugins installed on your Jira instance.

If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can provide a demo session for you if needed. 
Best, Nataliya

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Michelle Salguero

I would recommend bigpicture enterprise which has a resource management and board modules. But feel free to browse on the marketplace for various options.  

Regards

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Michelle Salguero

Thank you @Fabian Lim, for mentioning BigPicture. Indeed the app supports Resource Management, and what is significant not only on project and portfolio level but also can give an insight into resource utilization on a PI/Sprint level. The capacity calculation is based on a particular resource Workload Plan and a fully editable Holiday Plan. 

You can display your resources' capacity, remaining capacity, and allocation in a single view and easily identify unavailable users. 
image - 2021-12-08T155537.719.png

In case you'd decide to evaluate BigPicture (a 30-day trial is free), in this short video tutorial, you will find more information on Capacity Tracking. 

If you have any questions, feel free to tag me!

Suggest an answer