Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to incorporate capacity planning into sprint planning? Jira Next Gen Cloud Version

I have a next-gen project. Is there some sort of plug in that can allow me to incorporate PTO/Holidays etc for each team member? I want to be able to see what is each team member available in JIRA. I know this is available as a feature in Advanced Roadmaps but my company is unable to upgrade our account type just for this sole purpose. Is there a plug-in or something that can allow me to see everyone's availability while we are sprint planning? 

3 answers

2 votes

Hi @Michelle Salguero 

I'm Nataliya from ActivityTimeline team. I think ActivityTimeline might work well for you as it provide a resource planning and availability on a timeline view calendar. Also ActivityTimeline provides a Holiday Scheme - predefined set of holidays that can be applied for the whole team or creating each holiday individually. 
holiday_calendar.pngholiday_scheme.png

You can generate Report to track holidays/days-off. You can also import existing Holiday Schemes from Advanced Roadmaps for Jira, if you have these plugins installed on your Jira instance.

If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can provide a demo session for you if needed. 
Best, Nataliya

1 vote
Fabian Lim Community Leader Dec 06, 2021

Hi @Michelle Salguero

I would recommend bigpicture enterprise which has a resource management and board modules. But feel free to browse on the marketplace for various options.  

Regards

0 votes

Hi @Michelle Salguero

Thank you @Fabian Lim, for mentioning BigPicture. Indeed the app supports Resource Management, and what is significant not only on project and portfolio level but also can give an insight into resource utilization on a PI/Sprint level. The capacity calculation is based on a particular resource Workload Plan and a fully editable Holiday Plan. 

You can display your resources' capacity, remaining capacity, and allocation in a single view and easily identify unavailable users. 
image - 2021-12-08T155537.719.png

In case you'd decide to evaluate BigPicture (a 30-day trial is free), in this short video tutorial, you will find more information on Capacity Tracking. 

If you have any questions, feel free to tag me!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Team-managed projects

An update on team-managed projects customer feedback – November 2021

Hi! My name is Eoin and I'm a product manager working on Team-managed projects in Jira Software Cloud. We're continuously improving and updating Jira Software and feedback from our customers is ...

1,503 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you