How can I print backlog of next gen. project

arsalan ahmed June 7, 2020

I want to submit the backlog of my project in pdf format, when I try ctrl+p it does not show a complete list of the backlog.

3 answers

2 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2020

I suspect that @arsalan ahmed only meant "print to PDF", but he can clarify :)

Anyway, thanks Calogero for mentioning us!
You can indeed export the backlog to a professional PDF document with Better PDF Exporter for Jira Cloud! You can use the built-in templates to export an issue list or customize it to tailor the look and layout to your needs.

jira-issue-list-table-export.png

(Please note that Better PDF Exporter is a paid and supported app, and I'm part of the team developing it!)

1 vote
Robert Patt-Corner June 10, 2021

This was almost fiendishly difficult to carry out.  The use case we had was to print a view of the backlog (which was organized nicely into multiple sprints) just as it appears on screen, for a review.

None of the solutions that export to a neutral format were useful because we actually wanted the per-sprint headers and by-sprint organization.

My trusty go-to, which is SnagIt running 'custom scroll', kept getting hung up on the search field which it tried to manage instead of the scroll.

Here's what worked:

1. Get your backlog view just the way you want it, collapsing right and left display panes
  2. (weird but absolutely necessary) Highlight your first sprint header.  This is to get the cursor away from that pesky search field
  3. Activate the SnagIt 'custom scroll' capture.
  4. Highlight from just above your sprint header(2), carefully missing the search field, down to the bottom right without including either the scroll bar or dragging below the window
  5. As Snagit asks, then left-click the bottom left scroll bar
  6. Voila, a capture all the way down

Seriously ladies and gents, this feels like I'm in 1988 figuring out clever tricks with WordPerfect.  Somebody missed a critical feature big time.

Robert Patt-Corner October 5, 2021

Revisiting my own post, because I have to do it *again*.  Wanted to mention that the instructions for SnagIt above are for convenience if that's your capture tool of choice.  Any tool that can scroll should do.

0 votes
Deleted user June 7, 2020

when I read questions like this I always ask myself first but why does a person using a tool as powerful as the computer need to print information on paper? Once the information from Jira passes on paper is already "history" and is no longer usable at its best. Maybe there is a business process that can be improved ? Anyway to answer your question I suggest you to look at the XPorter plugin or Midori PDF Exporter (this is better than the first for what you want to do).

Robert Patt-Corner October 5, 2021

And the answer is ... to provide progress reports to management.  Developers are not the only audience for technical work plans and completion.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events