Different permission for multiple boards in the same project

lissandra.portella February 19, 2020

I have set multiple Boards into the same project and when I insert tasks/epics to one board, they are replicated to all boards. I think is related to the permission that you give for people to see the boards and tasks/epics assignments. What I would like to do is to have  a group of people who will be allowed to see all boards but the creation of tasks/epics will be seen just on the board when they were created.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lissandra.portella February 21, 2020

Hi, I have created the filter called Board in another place instructed because I could not find the fields to write the JQL. Let me show you:

BOARD FILTER CREATED

Pic_1.png

WHERE WE HAVE TOLD ME TO WRITE THE QUERIES

Pic_2.png

ANOTHER PLACE FOUND THAT I HAVE TRIED TO CREATE A FILTER WITHOUT SUCCESS

Pic_3.png

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFO

tHX

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Hello Lissandra,

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you have a team that can access all boards in your site, however, when they create a new issue, the issue appears on other boards too. Is that correct?

Please, allow me to bring you some concepts so we can better confirm we are on the same page:

The agile boards of Jira Classic projects (Not Next-gen) are based in the Filter query configured under board settings > General:

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 15.38.45.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-20 at 15.39.13.png

Explaining better, the mentioned filter query defines what issues will be displayed on the board. So, if you want your boards to display different issues, you can simply use a field (labels, components, any custom fields) to filter issues with the board query. Let me give you an example:

Let's suppose you want all the issues with the label "board_1" to appear only in the "board 1", not appearing in other boards. These would be the steps to do it:

1 - Navigate your current board and add the following parameter to its filter query:

and labels = "board_1"

2 - Navigate to the other boards where you don't want the issues with label "board_1" to appear and add the following to the filter:

labels != "board_1"

With the steps above, once someone creates an issue with the label "board_1", it will appear only in Board 1, not in the others.

You can check more information about board settings in the documentation below:

Configuring a board 

Let us know if you have any questions.

lissandra.portella February 21, 2020

Hey, you got it right! Thank you for your detailed and prompt reply. But when I try to create the filter it does not accept the query

and labels = "board_1"

AS I have 3 boards I use the query 

and labels = "board_1"

and the last 2 ?

labels != "board_1"

I D like to copy my screen in here but it does not work.

Last question - where I can leran about jira queries to create filters?

THx!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2020

Hello @lissandra.portella

Thank you for your explanation.

Could you please provide us more details on what is the error blocking you from pasting a screenshot in this post? You can add screenshots by using the "Insert Photos" button right above the comment area, once you click to add a new comment:

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 11.03.33.png

Once the attachment is loaded, click in "Insert".

if you still not being able to do it, can you describe to us what is the message you are receiving when trying to add the parameter "labels = board_1" to your query?

Additionally, here is the documentation about how you can configure JQL filters in Jira:

Configuring filters 

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer