Approvals for Next-Gen Service Desk

Mike Davis December 6, 2019

I'm researching how to setup an approval workflow for next-gen service desk, and from what I saw, the feature doesn't look to be available yet. Does anyone know when that feature is scheduled to be delivered?

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hey Mike, 

I'm Rachel and I'm a Product Manager in Jira Service Desk Cloud. I'm super excited to let you know that approvals has been rolled out in next-gen projects, as announced in our community post

You can now add approvals in your workflows, assign approvers and transition workflows automatically when the request is approved or rejected. 

We’d love for you to check it out, add approvals to your workflows and let us know what you think.

• To set one up, head to Project settings > Request types, and click the Edit workflow button at the top.

• Select a status, and in the sidebar on the right hand side you should see an Approvals section, where you can add a new approval to that status.

For more detailed info on how to set up approvals, please check out our documentation.

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out,

Cheers

Rach 

Mike Davis January 29, 2020

That's great to hear, thanks Rachel!

We'll go ahead and try it out :)

William Whyte May 27, 2020

Hi Rachel,

Do you know if there is currently a way to assign the "approver" based on fields in the request using Automation?  

Thanks

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hello Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

We still don't have an SLA of when the Approval option will be implemented for next-gen in Service Desk.

Please, vote and watch the feature below to receive updates:

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer