What's coming soon for next-gen projects in Jira Software Cloud

Next-gen projects is agile as you know it, and aims to combine the power of Jira with the simplicity you expect. It enables teams to start clean, with a simple un-opinionated way of working, and is poised to progressively add more structure to the way your team works, as and when you need it.

The way we’re approaching the new next-gen experience mirrors this philosophy - we started with a clean slate and we are rebuilding Jira front to back, and progressively disclosing the power to you.

Next-gen will eventually satisfy all the needs that classic projects satisfy today, and more.

Interested in what's coming next? Please visit the public roadmap

New to next-gen projects in Jira Software Cloud? Check out this guide to getting started with next-gen projects

Would like to know a lot more about next-gen? Watch the new Jira begins now

118 comments

Mike Bansal September 28, 2018

Hi Rayen,

When will you be rolling out the Story Point Estimation feature?

Regards

Mike

Like # people like this
Dragos Lupascu October 3, 2018

Hi there,

How can I activate Time Tracking on these new boards? I used time tracking a lot on Kanban Classic but can't use it now. Is it not a feature yet? Is it coming?

Thx

Like # people like this
Rayen Magpantay
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2018

@Mike Bansal - I don't have a specific date for you, but we're currently working as fast as we can to ship the features we have planned here.

@Dragos Lupascu - We don't have this supported yet on this project type, I'll put that as a feature request. It'd be helpful if you reply with your use-case to help us better understand and prioritise appropriately. Thanks!

Mike Bansal October 4, 2018

@Rayen Magpantay Thanks for the update!

Michiel Starrenburg October 4, 2018

can you create a next-gen board from a filter. We have epics across different projects and it would be epic ;) to create a next-gen board displaying all these epics.

Like # people like this
Michael Poijes October 8, 2018

Hi. Is it possible to export a classic scrum project into a next gen project? We use Simplified Workflow. Is this something you gonna fix?

Like scott coleman likes this
Joshua Sabol October 8, 2018

What data populates burndown reports in next-gen projects today?  I see "Story Point Estimation" on the roadmap for the next release.  Do reports pull from my manually-created Story Point Estimate Issue type?

Like Maxim Drozdov likes this
Levon Mkrtchyan October 8, 2018

checklists or subtasks or something equivalent is the minimum necessary for agility boards to be useful for real work

Like # people like this
Robert Fink October 11, 2018

Hi, is it currently not possible to create subtask for next-gen projects?

Or did I miss the setting?

Like # people like this
jo October 13, 2018

How could I manage versioning? I would like to set version for an Epic, or maybe for stories or tasks. Currently what I've done is to add a label.

Like # people like this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2018

@Michiel Starrenburg not yet. We're building up the power over time and this is something we will tackle in the future.

Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2018

@Michael Poijes There is no one click export right now. You must first set up your next-gen project and then "move" issues to this new project. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/moving-an-issue-902499026.html

Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2018

@Joshua Sabol with estimation turned off (we're currently rolling story points out) the reports work on issue count.

Like André Lauwerijssen likes this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2018

@Levon Mkrtchyan we'll work on sub-tasks next and checklists (actions) will also be something that will come in the future. I'm curious as to whether you see a need for both of these or whether something like checklists would give you everything you need?

Like Valik Solorzano Barboza likes this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2018

@Robert Fink not yet but it's next on our backlog! Just finishing up with story point estiamtion at the moment.

Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2018

@jo we haven't built versioning into next-gen projects yet, although it will be something we work on in the future. Love the idea of using labels for versions in the meantime. Keen to hear how this works out for you and whether there are some quick wins on how we could improve this.

Like Oran_Dennison likes this
Damian Skrodzki October 15, 2018

Hi there,

I'm writing on behalf of Spartez team, vendor of addons for Jira. We offer addons that depend on the board UI extension points to use them. Customers are already asking us about ability to use these extensions with the next-gen boards. It'd be really great if we could also add these buttons on the next-gen boards:

♤_Poker_Team_-_Agile_Board_-_JIRA.png

Cheers,
Damian

Like Eva Appel likes this
Robert Fink October 15, 2018

@Eoin Thanks for your Feedback. How about "Resolution" for a Task. Is this already on the roadmap and what position? 

Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2018

@Damian Skrodzki we're considering this as part of an innovation sprint next week. Do you want to email me at eryan@atlassian.com - may be an opporunity for us to partner on it? :)

Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2018

@Robert Fink Resolution is something we're going to look at when we get to workflow configuration. This will be after the next iteration of work breakdown.

Wouter Eijkelenkamp October 17, 2018

Any update or ETA on estimations?

Hasani October 17, 2018

When will a full suite of reports be rolled out ?

Like # people like this
Ian Sheffield October 18, 2018

@Eoin Ryan - when rolling out the story points / estimation piece, will you be rolling up story points / estimations to the epic level from stories underneath?  

Curious as to the future for filters as well.  Seems rather limited since you can't create multiple boards for a next-gen product, and you can't filter by custom fields.  Labels are good, but probably not enough in more complex situations.

Is there any plan to add "Components" back in?  Or is labels the way forward for this?

Last question for now - How is the epic being linked to child stories?  If you do a JQL search using a next-gen project, I don't see any data filled out in the epic fields.  

Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2018

We've just a public roadmap to help give you all a way to see what's coming soon with next-gen projects... https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software

Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2018

@Wouter Eijkelenkamp story point estimations are fully rolled out as of 2 days ago. Is this what you are looking for?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events