What's coming soon for next-gen projects in Jira Software Cloud

118 comments

Paweł Albecki April 30, 2019

@David Jeames, another workaround would be to use checklist app like Multiple Checklists for Jira, which works for next-gen projects and will have the ability to convert to subtasks in the future so if Jira ships subtasks you will be able to get rid of the plugin.

Like # people like this
David Jeames April 30, 2019

Thanks @Paweł Albecki !

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2019

Issue Checklist Free is another alternative/workaround to the lack of subtask in Next-Gen projects. 

It is a free app that offers the ability to convert checklist items to the top-level issues.

Converting items to sub-tasks is on the roadmap, but it is doable even today with the help of automation plugins since all checklist items are stored in a custom field by default. This way users can easily switch from the Issue Checklist Free to Jira sub-tasks when they are shipped. 

Stefan Vizzari May 14, 2019

Hey @Rayen Magpantay, wondering when the Premium entity-above-Epics feature (Initiatives?) will be added?

Thanks!

Like Adam McKinty likes this
Guy Pilkington May 14, 2019

Hi @Rayen Magpantay 

When will the road map be updated with the new features that have been released?  It doesn't look like there has been any update for a few months.  Also, I believe sub tasks ("coming soon" since October) is not far away, is there any update on when that will be released?

Thanks

Rob Barreca May 29, 2019

Any ETA on when Default descriptions will be deployed? I've seen it in the "Coming Soon" section of the roadmap for a bit not. We just switched from Github issues and really missing being able to have a template for Bugs, a different template for Stories, with multiline and markup support.

Adam McKinty June 25, 2019

The existing two reports just need an 'Epic' and perhaps a 'Label' filter to allow for Burnup and velocity to be viewed per team/group in a larger project

Camilo López August 7, 2019

Is there a way to connect Bitbucket automation on next-gen proyects? Like if I send a PR or do a Merge, my tasks could be moved?

Camilo López August 7, 2019

A feature that would be great is that if in the Epic dashboard I could see Epic completion %, so we would have a major view of the sprint advancement.

Like # people like this
A_Raadls August 27, 2019

Did you guys take time off for the summer?  Nothing shipped in July?  Need cross-project functionality!  Just tried to get around this by setting up a Classic Sprint and adding my next gen stuff in there, but turns out this is another bug and you can't do that if the issues are in a Next Gen epic!  Obviously, most of mine are!

No sign of any cross-project stuff on the roadmap, either.  Very disappointing you guys are taking so long with this very fundamental feature of Jira!!

Kristy Buchanan September 3, 2019

I'm very pleased with recent updates to next-gen, especially ability to see due dates on cards/in backlog, and the progress indicators for Epics. Great work.

Auto-sorting epics and backlog by due date remains a high priority for our team. I am constantly reviewing the backlog and manually dragging to sort. This would be a game changer for us if we saw this implemented.

Salman Sherwani September 17, 2019

@Rayen Magpantay Hi, When will you roll out Version reports in Next Gen Projects in Jira? This is a key element of what my company wants before we move to Next Gen Jira project versions.

A reply on this asap would be great.

Cheers,

Salman

A_Raadls September 17, 2019

I've gotten a bit jaded expecting much of a response in this thread, so good luck getting one!  Over at the Next-Gen roadmap here https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software?_ga=2.254500224.969556706.1568648577-960934315.1558710610#result-a8314eba there are currently three things mentioned - Sprint burndown reports, embedding in Confluence, and Paragraph fields.  All with no timeline.  I wonder how many people posting in this thread want that stuff?  What about basics, like what @Salman Sherwani you are asking for - versioning!  Or allowing Epics to see multiple projects!!  Or Sprints to see issues from multiple projects!  Or what @Kristy Buchanan is asking for, sorting of Backlogs?

You guys should be in here responding every time something is posted.  I'm following another equally hot topic re: confluence:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-32999. Same as this thread, zero from Atlassian officially while users are desperate for some basic functionality.  In question here is the ability to share a doc outside confluence with non-users, talk about basic!

I wonder if the founders of Atlassian are even aware of the type of dissatisfaction brewing in some of these threads.  You can't take that stuff lightly.  We are all real users with real concerns spending our valuable time to get in here and give Atlassian valuable feedback.  Amazing the level of indifference!

Like Guy Pilkington likes this
Kevin Beattie October 2, 2019

This pie chart speaks for itself. This is a basic pie chart within a JIRA dashboard is just a list of issues by status across a number of projects in our department. Some boards on classic, and others are next-gen... the result is a hot mess. Although we all use the same status names, all the reporting is by unique fields that are statuses, so you might have 5 different results for "In progress" or 20 for "done".... 

Our leadership and C-level staff are unhappy that we cannot build clean reporting across all of our boards and we might have to revert back to JIRA classic, which would be a shame.

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 1.52.30 PM.png

Like Julia _ 55 Degrees likes this
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2019

@Kevin Beattie Custom Charts for Jira allows you to create custom pie charts that are a big improvement on the default Jira charts. You can select colors to keep them consistent (so Done is green, not blue...) and also change the order so it's more helpful for visualizing statuses.

The most useful feature for your request is that we do string matching on values, so all "Done" or "To Do" statuses are automatically grouped together in our app, which will hopefully resolve your issue!

We also have a companion app to create the exact same charts in Confluence :)

Custom Charts for Jira App.png

We've also just added a new feature for Next Gen projects that allows you to merge all custom fields with the same name into a single pie chart. This is very useful if you have created lots of fields with the same name in multiple Next Gen projects and want to see a combined report.

Match All Fields.png

Joseph Ishak April 16, 2020

Any chance we will be able to create custom reports in Jira Next Gen Projects?  I am tracking time for projects I bill to but don't see an easy way to generate a report such as a quarterly report of my CapEx time.  It would be nice to just show all the time logged for a user for a custom time period (weekly, monthly, quarterly...) and the work log comments.  I could then figure out the totals.  Or if there is an api I can call, that would be another option although having it built in to Jira would be preferable.

Luis Coria April 30, 2020

Hello Jira Team.

I´m Project Manager, and I don´t see reports for time efforts or someting related with time estimated by my team. The calssic versión has a couple that it helps me to see if the epic last 2 weeks to trigger a Sprint.

So far, I just see 4 reports, but nothing related to times estimations. Seems that i need to go back to the classic version until you release new features for Jira next gen.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks  

Julia _ 55 Degrees
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2020

When will we be able to hide done epics from the NextGen Roadmaps?

Like Drew Cottrell likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events