Where does Atlassian creates the content etc. for projects once planned?

Lars Böhnke August 19, 2017

Hey, the idea of a project poster is pretty neat. But I wonder where Atlassian does the actual work of 'creating' the project with all its facettes.

You define the problem

You envsion a solution

You validate assumptions and answer questions

Everything happens on a project poster, you may also create an experience canvas and a user journey. But where does the actual creation of the project with its features happens? I am talking about texts, button labels, what for emails are sent out to which user after which action, edge cases etc.

Does this execution happens in JIRA? How does it look like (in a really specific manner)? Because we have problems getting it right using Confluence and JIRA in combination. Esepcially using JIRA tickets with its fields in a good way.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
SGD
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2017

Hi Lars! I can't speak to our software projects (hoping someone else can chime in on that), but for marketing and many other projects, a LOT of the work gets done in Confluence. 

For example: 

• documenting background research
  • drafting copy for our websites
  • drafting customer emails and/or blog posts
  • documenting which customers would get which emails, and under which circumstances
  • planning out social media campaigns (I like to use tables on a Confluence page that show the copy, image, link, and date/time for each post)

Of course, there are also JIRA issues that track what all needs to be done to bring the project to live (build an email, create design assets, etc) and when it needs to be done.

Typically, we add a link to all the relevant JIRA issues at the top of pages. It's a bi-directional link, which makes it easy to jump from page to issue and back again. Here's an example: 

Boiling_the_ocean_with_Portfolio_for_JIRA__adventures_in_capacity_planning_-_Content_Marketing_-_Extranet.png

Let me know if you want more details on any of this :-) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events