Play of the month: Lead your team through change with confidence

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 26, 2021

We know that change is inevitable. And managing the adoption of it? Well... that can be the most tricky part!

Whether you're moving over to a different system, adding a new tool to your stack, or modifying an established team process, a Change Management Kick-off will reduce the disruption that any change is bound to cause. Running this Play will not only help to ensure a smooth rollout, but also align your team on the change’s value and purpose.

And while you might think this would only be beneficial for getting through the change itself, your Change Management Kick-off efforts will reap even more reward. An organizational psychologist reminds us that having a sound plan to organize change can yield lasting, positive results. Big changes can become cultural moments and even help teams identify possibilities for the future.

How do you and your team manage change? Do you always have a process in place or have you been known to wing it? Let's discuss below! 

14 comments

Comment

Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2021

Change management workshop...

thought-provoking-change-management-quote-discussion.jpg

Like # people like this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 2, 2021

Ohhh this gave me a little laugh as I sat here shaking my head, @Sedera Randria

Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

Lol 😆😆

Heydi Menéndez January 2, 2023

:) :D

Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2023

LOL

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2021

Nice material @Kristen Roth !

cab.jpeg

Like # people like this
Jeanie Hioki November 17, 2021

Managing change is difficult but we're always looking for ways to encourage flexibility. No process in place (yet) and having to "wing it" but won't give up yet!

Like Srinatha T likes this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Kristen Roth 

This content in Community will surely boost our knowledge in understanding the way the tool works.

I have just enrolled in Atlassian Team Playbook facilitation and getting to know about the Team Playbook.

Hope to see more discussions in future onTeam playbook from my side as well.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Like # people like this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

As much as we say that 'Change is inevitable, I have seen organizations having no defined process. But, most have the intent to define it and have helped a few take the hard decisions for implementing the same.

James Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

Just ensure no one is left behind. Change is difficult for those comfortable with the status quo.

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2022

Change is the only constant. ! This takes an enormous amount of time to adjust the only way out is discussing this and letting team decide the best approach. 

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Wouter Bruinings
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2022

The first Principe of change management according to the organisational psychologist:

You can’t please everyone.

Should also be the first principle of a product owner :D.

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2022

Bookmarking this to use with my team later.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2022

Love this!
I've been a instrument of change my whole career, this is indeed helpful.
Thanks

Shivam Desai December 19, 2022

I think to provide more relativity to this point. We can initiate the explanation by treating the client's requirement as our own product. 

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2023

Just stumbled upon this. Really interesting. Thanks!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2023

Buy in is important.  Giving some points as to why this needs to change, and how it will help addresses some concerns about "Here we go again, just changing for changing sake".  When people know why something is changing, it can ease some fears of the change.

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2023

Buy in is important.  Giving some points as to why this needs to change, and how it will help addresses some concerns about "Here we go again, just changing for changing sake".  When people know why something is changing, it can ease some fears of the change.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events