I need a "Product Team Health Monitor.

I just had a look at  both Project Team Health Monitor and Leadership Team Health Monitor. Checking a Scrum Team, both do not fit. Moreover neither in a LeSS nor a SAFe organisation. At least I am missing two of the most important, the Team Cohesiveness and the Team Knowlegde.

1 comment

Hi Gerhard,

I'd like to greater understand where you see the Project Team Health Monitor not fitting for a scrum team? Often we find for project teams, as they often come together for the duration of the project and then disband that the discussion is focused on the imminent deliverables of the project.

Whereas for product teams the discussion lifts from deliverables for a project to the longer term product vision, intended business outcomes and importantly the desired customer impact.

So while the discussion sits at a slightly different level the attributes for high performing teams are equally valuable.

Remember also, the attributes are not fixed. Feel free to add or remove attributes so that your teams are having the most insightful discussion, leading to actions that improve the performance of the team. In that, you may wish to include the Team Cohesiveness attribute (included within the Leadership Health Monitor) for your Scrum, LeSS or SAFe teams - play around with it and let us know how you go!

Comment

Community showcase
Sarah Goff-Dupont
Published Jan 24, 2018 in Team Playbook

2 plays and 1 tutorial that help you nail your goals for 2018

If you're like us, you've got big plans for 2018 – and now is the time to make sure you're set up to nail them. For those of you leading major projects this year, check out the pr...

349 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot