Can the Team Playbook be used/relevant for teams not using JIRA?

Angela Stephens June 1, 2018

In my organization, Jira is not an official EPMO project management tool (MS Project is).  Last year only ~ 2% of our projects were in Jira.  Our Organizational Leadership Team is looking for ways to monitor team health for all teams.

Can the Team Playbook be used/relevant for teams not using JIRA?

4 comments

Comment

Josh Allen June 1, 2018

Absolutely! The Team Playbook is completely independent of any of Atlassian's software. While they do have some templates that can be used in Confluence, it's really not necessary at all. 

There's also a Spotify Squad Health Check which is similar to the Atlassian Health Monitors. I haven't tried it yet because I've been using the health monitors, which has been helpful.

Like Jason H likes this
Deleted user June 2, 2018

Hi @Angela Stephens,

I agree with @Josh Allen, the Playbook is designed to expose areas where a project team can improve and highlight existing positive working processes. 

Hope this helps

Like Jason H likes this
Paz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2018

Yes, the Atlassian Team Playbook is a set of guidelines and templates that work entirely without any Atlassian products.

Like Jason H likes this
Dominic Price
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Angela, we purposely published the Team Playbook to be tool agnostic. That said, lots of teams do benefit from tracking results, actions, and updates, in a tool. Helps for sharing, follow up and driving continual improvement. So if you are a Confluence customer, you get the templates in Cloud or Server for free.

In addition, we've added the templates on the site in generic form for you to work with on any tool. Or just on good old fashioned pen and paper ;-)

You specifically mention "leadership" in your question. One bit of advice. I've seen significantly better adoption and value in organisations where the leaders have done a Leadership Health Monitor, and then the other teams do a Project Team Health Monitor. The reason I mention this, is that the temptation for leaders is to get teams to assess their health, without realising that they might be the cause of some of the problems.

Give them a try and please let us know how you progress.

Like Jason H likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events