Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Play of the month: Does your team know the new you?

We know a lot has changed during your time away from a physical office and that you’ve probably made some realizations when it comes to the ways in which you prefer to work. But do your teammates know what’s up? 🤔

Maybe you’ve shifted your working hours to accommodate a new hobby you’ve picked up. It’s possible that your preferences for all the various ways your team can reach and  communicate with you have changed. Or maybe the type of work environment you find yourself thriving in now is completely different from what it once was. Whatever the case may be, it’s important that the rest of your team knows the best way to work with the new you.

Personal user manuals not only help you and your team get to know and respect each other better, but they’ll also be helpful references as future teammates join. (And if you've made one of these in the past, now's the time to give it a refresh!) 

user manual in confluence.jpeg

We’d love to chat with you about how your work preferences and styles have changed over the past year and a half, and hear about what other important items you'll be adding to your user manual. Let us know below!

11 comments

DPK J Community Leader Jul 01, 2021

Nice idea.

Like Kristen Roth likes this

This could be an icebreaker among teams. Clearly a good idea!

Kristen Roth Atlassian Team Jul 02, 2021

It absolutely could be, @Alex Koxaras! My team is planning to take a few minutes durning our weekly team meeting each week to have one person go over their User Manual with the rest of the team. It'll be a great way to learn even more about each other.

Like Alex Koxaras likes this

Yes it would definitely be a great way to learn more! I honestly believe that all teams should behave like this. Unfortunately, you can't enforce anyone to be honest and open. It's all about (company's) culture :D  

nice idea, promote your genuine-self :-)

Great and simple! :) 

Olga Videc Community Leader Jul 12, 2021

This is great, especially for people who changed their work during this time. 

This is actually a useful idea. I had a very descriptive biography in my personal space, but I will actually implement something similar. Thank you!

Great idea to know more about your team!

Caroline R Atlassian Team Jul 26, 2021

I love it! Will share this with my team! :) 

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Team Playbook

Atlympic Event: Team Playbook

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

100 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you