What is your #1 tip for status reporting?

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 6, 2021

status_reporting.png

Status reporting might not be the most glamorous part of your job, but it's a critical part of getting work done as a team. 

My best tip for status reporting is to make sure key stakeholders see the update (I like to use Confluence page analytics for this). If someone who should see the update has not viewed my page, I will follow up personally on Slack! 

I'm excited to see how Team Central can help solve visibility problems.

What's your #1 tip for effective status reporting? 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Trying to condense my info into key headlines for stakeholders! It's important to remember to put yourself in the reader's shoes and think about what they really care about knowing vs all the things. To structure this, I'll write in bullet points with an emoji leading each headline to represent the sentiment :) 

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Also: be honest in your status updates. If you know there's a problem, don't be afraid to share it. Honest communication allows for timely action (if necessary) 🏎

1 vote
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Make it engaging! I love reading updates with embedded media for things like demos, videos or presentations. 

The most cheekiest update I've seen to make it engaging: Someone in their update text wrote "if you're reading this message me and I'll shout you a free coffee!".... let's just say I was first to get a free coffee!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events