Is there a Team Central related Confluence template?

Kye Hittle April 28, 2021

Hi Team Central Team!

During the Team Central announcement today at Team '21 it sounded like there may be a Confluence Space template or Team Central feature that would give us a standard page tree for organizing project documentation. 

Is that currently available? If so, how do we find it? Thanks!

1 answer

3 votes
Mary Raleigh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Kye Hittle ,

Welcome to the Team Central group! 

We don't currently have a space-level templates for organizing project documentation in Confluence. We do however have really amazing page-level templates for all kinds of project documentation. Here are some of my favorites and examples for how I've seen teams use them to compliment their project's homepage in Team Central. 

• As the project progresses, we schedule regular syncs to work through challenges and get shared understanding on what's ahead. We use the meeting notes template in Confluence to record actions, decisions and discussion topics and we will put a link to the meeting notes in Confluence in our re-occurring meeting invite. Now here is where Team Central comes in, we will use the "Display link as an embed" feature in Confluence (simply copy and paste the URL of the label you are using in Team Central to summarize all the updates across a program and then click the smart card and select "Display as embed") to capture the most recent updates from all the related projects, directly on the meeting notes document. This means that everyone comes to the meeting, having already read all the projects' status updates so we do not waste time getting up-to-speed, rather we can dive straight into sparring, problem solving, or if you're like me, make more time for friendly banter :) 
  • When it comes to organizing all these pages in Confluence, we typically create a page within our team's space that's titled with the project name and then use the "children display" macro so that this parent page serves as a table of contents for all child pages that reflect the decisions we make, product requirements, creative briefs etc that get created as part of our project's journey. We will then link this parent page as a "Related link" in the right hand sidebar of your project's homepage in Team Central. 
  • Finally, we want to make sure whatever we learn at the end (or during) each product is shared easily across teams, so that other teams can learn from our mistakes. So, as part of our final update on our Team Central project, we always include a link to the retro that we run and summarize the top learnings so that any team embarking on a similar project knows what pitfalls to avoid (and we as a company avoid making the same mistake twice!)

Let me know if this helps! We're so excited to hear how you adopt Team Central and Confluence to meet your teams' needs so please do keep in touch!

Mary

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events