Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming soon to Team Central: A directory of help for your organisation.

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hello amazing Team Central community! 

The Team Central team is focused on helping teams across the organisation connect and communicate more effectively. We believe no company will standerdise on one tool where teams track their work. Instead, our  approach is to help teams connect with each other with common vocabulary instead of trying to get everyone to track their work in the same tool.

We’ve started this journey for teams who work on Projects and Goals. But as we know, there are many kinds of teams within orgnisations, not just project teams. Another popular type of team is one which provides help to other teams. 

To give you an idea of what we might do, here is a video of a possible vision in this area:
Some of you have already noticed our “Get help” tab as we start to work in this area already in the product!
An example would be you work in an organisation where teams are not just using JSM bur other tools such as Zendesk, Front, Halp, Service Now... and so on. We’d love to hear from you to learn about your situation and share with you some concepts and get your feedback on a new approach to centralisation: Instead of trying to migrate many systems into one, what if we just gave your employees and help seekers one view of all the places they can get help, regardless of what the team is using? A directory of help across your organisation. 
We’d love to hear from you if:
  • You have multiple places in your company where teams can go to for help
  • You are responsible for a team which provides help or a service to other teams
  • You can connect us with someone in your company responsible for centralising help
  • You are interested at all in this topic! 

Sound interesting? I'd love to hear from you: smansour@atlassian.com

3 comments

Comment

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hi Sherif, this is definitely something I'm interested in. We run Jira Service Management for our team that run the Atlassian tools. Other teams only use Software boards and when they're told to 'raise a Jira for support' often do so erroneously in our JSM portal (sometimes because they don't have any Jira access). Will shoot you an email

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

This might be an obvious question, but is Townsquare another name for Team Central?image (32).png

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2021

Ha ha, yes! we've had a LOT of internal codenames for this thing - sorry for the confusion, but yeah, Townsquare in this fake video = Team Central.

Have a preference? :P 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hi @Sherif Mansour!

I'm very intrigued by this functionality.  One question that I have because I know our IT team would want this option.  Would it be possible to important and manage the membership of the teams via Atlassian Access?

Given the number of employees we have this isn't something they would want to manage manually.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2021

Thanks for the question, @Jimmy Seddon

In the short-term we don't have this today. But I know @Anish Deena and his team (who are looking at Teams across all Atlassian products) have discussed this at length and would like to do this in their longer-term roadmaps. Will add a +1 to it!

Sherif

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events