Is there a good way to use team central for ongoing projects

Jessica Hörnschemeyer June 29, 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll give it a shot.

My team is currently testing out the new team central beta to inform each other about the status of projects. It's definitely a cool feature!

However, we're running into the problem that additionally to projects that are limited in time and easy to display in team central we also have ongoing projects (not limited in time) that we'd like to inform each other about. I understand that team central might not be the best place for these kinds of projects, but we like to have everything in one place, which is why I was wondering if there are any suggestions or recommendations on how to implement this in team central?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Jess

2 answers

0 votes
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2021

Hi Jessica and Leah! 

Can you please share the types of projects you have that are ongoing, what you are communicating on and who would be your audience? The marketing example is a good one - wouldn't the Rebranding be a project with a determined timeline. In this case, you could create a Marketing Rebranding project to communicate on how that work is going. Often whilst we have ongoing projects, those can be broken up into the next target you're striving for. 

Cheers,

Rach 

0 votes
Leah Picone July 2, 2021

Hi Jessica,

This is something I am looking forward to also, I have some ideas that probably are working around the system intentions so very interested in what the team says.

An example for me would be:

• Marketing (works in Trello) has a rebranding project that impacts the engineering / dev teams
  • I want to be able to create a standard process to report out and up on
    • how the ReBranding work is going as it has dependencies before the engineering / dev teams can begin
    • how the different engineering / dev tracks are progressing for Product feature delivery

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events