Integration with JIRA for possible Automation

Hiren Trivedi April 29, 2021

Is it possible to post updates to the Project/Goal when a Ticket (specific ticket type) is updated in JIRA ?

Also, are there any web hooks available for a possibility of setting up automation rules in JIRA so that updates are posted based on triggers ?

2 answers

1 vote
Florian Royer October 23, 2023

Hi @Sherif Mansour ,

Any updates about the integration with JIRA, plz?

We'd like to be able to create a JIRA ticket when a new Project is created in Atlas, and vice versa. Have also the possibility to create a project in Atlas when an Initiative has certain status in JIRA.

Thank you

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

We don't have this at the moment, @Hiren Trivedi

Would love to understand what is it you're trying to do with this web hook? What trigger would you look at creating and why?

Hiren Trivedi May 3, 2021

In our case, JIRA contains a lot of meta-data, about various issue types including a "Project" and "Program". We store the stakeholders/weekly status/dates/risks etc in that object. 

The expectation for an automation is to push updates related to those selected fields e.g. due date/weekly update etc via an automation rule in some specified format, to the "Team central status page" on that project.

Like # people like this
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2021

Thanks for the context, @Hiren Trivedi

Just so I understand correctly, in your example, you have a Jira project which tracks projects and programs with weekly status/dates/risks in Jira, and you want to sync that to Team Central? 

Can I ask why if you are already doing this in Jira? Just so I can get my head around it, why sync to Team Central? 

Hiren Trivedi May 6, 2021

If this team central dashboard becomes like a central go-to place for all stakeholders, it becomes easier for people to just keep updating their JIRA tickets, (without a need to go to a different place to update the status) and have updates automatically post to the pages on Team Central.

Like # people like this
Hiren Trivedi April 6, 2022

@Sherif Mansour / Atlassian Team - Could you please let me know if something like this is included now in "Atlas" (as I'm hearing the announcements.. yay !) .. or in near future ?

Like Hiwad Said [venITure] likes this
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2022

@Hiren Trivedi Given Jira's infinite configuration ability (any status etc..) I doubt we will let you sync any Jira attribute to an Atlas project. That being said, long-term we'd love to have this all hooked into Atlassian Automation so that you can create custom rules for when something happens in Jira, do something in Atlas. We are a while a way from that, however - but something we have in our sights.

Hiwad Said [venITure] June 28, 2022

@Sher Do you have an approximate roadmap where you could point the deeper integration into Jira? 

Thx Hiwad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events