cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

team calendar dynamic summary creation

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2011

Is it possible to create a team calendar on a page that automatically includes all the team calendars associated with a space or exist on the child pages from a certain page or exist on a page that has a certain label?

I am looking for a way to dynamically include a new team calendar once it is created into a summary calendar.

An example of this might be for managing the trade shows related to multiple products.

Each product has a trade show calendar. To get a summary of all the tradeshows you can build a new calendar which includes all those tradeshow calendars, however, when a new product is added with its own tradeshow calendar, you then have to go back to the summary calendar and add the new one in.

I would like the new tradeshow calendar to be added to the summary calendar automatically / dynamically through some means.

This capability would work nicely if new calendars could also be created automatically / dynamically (maybe from a template?). So in the scenario above, you could create a new product page and on that page have a predefined calendar which uses the name of the page to name the calendar. This calendar is then added to a summary calendar which provides an overview for each individual product.

1 answer

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2011

This functionality does not yet exist. It sounds like it would be a great addition to Team Calendars (I'd use it myself!).

In summary, for a first step at providing what you are asking for there should be a macro that allows you to embed a Team Calendar on a page which automatically displays any/all Team Calendars that are related to a particular Space/s. Is that correct?

Please raise a 'New Feature' request so we can track demand for theis feature and possibly schedule it for a future release:"

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events