Team Calendars stopped working after upgrade

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2015

Hello,

Using Windows Server 2012 R2 and latest Confluence x64.

After yesterday's team calendars plug-in update they no longer render.  I googled this and tried clearing the confluence home plugin folders then started the windows service again and I still get:

Error rendering macro 'calendar' : bundle [com.atlassian.confluence.extra.team-calendars]

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2015

The issue was caused due to a schema change for AO prefixed tables where someone changed various column types to unicode equivalents, i.e. what was varchar is now nvarchar in SQL Server.  This broke my confluence install and I'm sure many others will suffer the same, if not already.  The page about this is at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Confluence+upgrade+fails+because+SQL+Server+could+not+complete+schema+update.

The backup/restore option failed due to primary key conflicts on restore - XML backup/restore is hard broke!  I would have had to change 60 tables and the columns within manually but I had an idea as I'm a software developer to use my Red Gate SQL COMPARE tool to compare my current schema against the new schema created during this triage process.  The product generated the change script when comparing the schemas, I shut down the confluence windows service and applied the schema change and then started up confluence again and it worked perfectly.  Hope this will help anyone else that may suffer this unfortunate breaking change in this product.

0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2015

Hi Neal,

It seems that the plugin update didn't work well and got corrupted.

I suggest we reinstall the plugin following the below steps:

This should do the trick.

Regards,
LM

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2015

Hello Luiz, I googled and found those steps, it did not work to resolve this issue. I submitted a support ticket but posted here to see if anyone has an answer as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events