Team Calendars Outlook subscription update time

Florian Zöllner [Communardo] December 15, 2014

Hi, I've got a short question that a lot of users already asked and I didn't find an answer of:

How frequently do Team Calendars subscribed to Outlook get updated with new or changed events?

I've been waiting now for about 8 hours and didnt get my changes updated. sad

Do they ever get updated? That's what at least I would understand when talking about a subscription. wink

Is there any configuration in Confluence administration effecting the update frequency?

Can I manually force sync from Outlook or Confluence or automatize in some way?

I'm trying with Confluence 5.5 and MS Outlook 2010

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

Sorry buddy, I've totally forgot to update you :(:

So the answer is, it depends. There's no limit set by Team Cal (when a calendar is modified we update the ICS feed at the same time), and there's no method that allows TC to define the refresh interval for Outlook. Outlook will refresh the calendar depending on its "Send/Receive" schedule.

In outlook 2007 the "Send/Receive" schedule default time is set to 30 minutes. I believe you can somehow configure that however I don't know for sure where you can configure outlook to reduce de send/recieve schedule.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer
Michael Aston May 12, 2015

Reading the opening post I think the question is the other way around, i.e. he's subscribed to an outlook calendar from confluence. I'm seeing a similar problem, I've subscribed to a calendar from our external annual leave booking system but changes aren't being pulled through in a predictable fashion. Do you know how often Team Calendars will poll a subscribed calendar for changes? Thanks.

Michael Wirz July 13, 2015

there should be a solution to define the ttl for the subscription: X-PUBLISHED-TTL as described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/538081/set-update-limits-on-icalendar-feed

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

Hey Florian, that is indeed a good question, personally I don't know how long it takes, however one thing you can do to force a refresh is to remove the subscription and then add it again.

I will check internally how long it takes so I can update you smile.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer
Chris April 23, 2015

Any new details on this? I'm also curious about the update time, and if it's a configurable option, somewhere in the configuration files.

0 votes
Allison Kellner January 5, 2017

Is there any additional configuration needed for either Confluence or Outlook in order to have the Team Calendar events update Outlook when you subscribe to that Calendar?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events