Team Calendars - Anonymous Access (Again)

Stuart Wright August 19, 2013

I know this question has been asked previously, but there is ambiguity amongst the responses here and the open issues (TEAMCAL-292) and I can't make it work.

We need to create a release calendar to display to everyone anonymously, but we'll need this more generally for other things too. I can display the calendar correctly when I'm logged in (and other users have the same success). But anonymous users get an empty calendar - however below the calendar I have a table with the same data and it is all displayed correctly.

On another page I know Sherif has responded that JIRA Calendars "respect the permissions" in JIRA (unfortunately I can't find that link right now).

But which permissions are applicable in this case?

What I have done:

- The JIRA is fairly open, and projects are browseable anonymously via the (Group anyone) browse projects permission.

- The Confluence space is browseable anonymously (and the JIRA issues are displayed correctly on the same Wiki page as the Calendar).

- The project that I am reporting from (Releases), now has anonymous (Group anyone) Edit permissions, and anonymous (Group anyone) Schedule Issues permission - because I didn't know what else to try to get it to work.

The Team Calendar is still coming up empty, and I'd really appreciate some guidance on this from someone who has made it work.

Many thanks, Stuart.

ps all of the Atlassian products are the downloaded versions.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DavidA September 8, 2013

Hi Stuart,

It sounds like a bug - I've opened https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-1687 for investigation. Which version of Team Calendars are you on?

Stuart Wright September 8, 2013

Thanks David; I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I'll watch the issue and hope for the best.

Kind regards, Stuart.

1 vote
Milo Chan May 9, 2017

I know it has been a while since this thread was last active, but I am experiencing a similar problem.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get Team Calendars to display JIRA issues, when the Confluence user (who is logged into Confluence, not anonymous) does not have a JIRA account, but wants to display JIRA issues in Team Calendar.

The JIRA projects/issues in question are configured to permit anonymous access ("Anyone" can "Browse Issues" in the JIRA project). I've confirmed that the JIRA project can be browsed when not logged into JIRA.

0 votes
F April 14, 2015

Hi Stuart/David,

May I know what was the resolution for this, I also need anonymous access for the team calendar in Confluence which will get the release details from Jira. When logged in I am able to see everything working fine, and when logged out getting the error

•Unable to load events of <jira project name> - Releases (0b09d7ea-a0f1-4abc-b918-1528b6147a30): Unable to read response from https://<jira.mycompany>/rest/ical/1.0/ical/search/jql/events.ics?_=1429091594316&jql=project+%3D+%22REGREP%22&dateFieldName=versiondue&includeFixVersions=true&start=1425081600000&end=1436227200000&maxIssue=1000 as iCalendar text. You may want to check the connection to My Company Jira.

Please help on this.

Thanks in advance

Fahad

Stuart Wright April 18, 2015

Hi Fahad, I don't remember what I did exactly, but I've just checked it and it's working fine - on the latest fix levels. You would have noticed that the Atlassian guys believe they fixed this issue quite some time ago. So my only suggestion is that you check your project / issue / etc settings in JIRA to ensure it's not secured against anonymous access. (I can look into this a bit more if you want, but it's been a while and I'm not sure how much value I can add.) Best, Stuart.

Lwandile Rorwana January 23, 2020

Hi Stuart,

I'm having the same issue and I can't see as to what was the resolution on this.

thanks

0 votes
Stuart Wright September 3, 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm bumping this because I'm not sure if this isn't possible, or if I'm missing something obvious.

Any advice from some of the Team Calendar experts out there would be much appreciated.

Kind regards, Stuart.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events