Team Calendar View doesn't show events

Auer, Julia May 15, 2017

I've tried to show all Issues from Type Change in the Team Calendar.
The Event Type is "JIRA Issue Dates"
The JQL Query is project = ITSAMPLE AND issuetype = Change

I want to display the Change start date and the change completion date, so i marked it at "Date range" like:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/change-management-817562147.html

Without marking "Issue Created Date" the Team Calender shows nothing.
Have you any idea how i could display the changes without Issue Created Date?

Thank you very much

Best regards
Julia

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Brien July 25, 2019

After doing a bit of analysis, it would seem that some date fields did not appear in the Team Calendar because they were not indexed in Jira.

Ensure your dates are indexed by editing those fields and specifying a "Search Template", like "Date Time Range Picker", for example.

It would seem that some Service Desk Change Management dates, like "Change Start Date" and "Change Completion Date", for example, had that field set to "None" by default.

Once you index those fields, they can be used in the Team Calendar without having to use the "Issue Created" date.

Mikhail Tyapkov December 10, 2019

I can confirm the resolution. It works for me perfectly!

Thank you!

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2017

I am getting the same results you describe, the JIRA events disappear from the Team Calendar as soon as I deselect Issue Created Date.

Please let me know what versions of Team Calendars and Confluence you are using. I would like to investigate further. 

Auer, Julia May 19, 2017

Team Calendar Version 5.3.17

Confluence 6.1.2

Thank you

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2017

I had a theory that the  Change start date and Change completion date had to be populated to make the date range appear, but even after populating those fields I had to also choose Issue Created Date to get the event to show on the Team Calendar. I opened a bug report:
JIRA Issue Date disappears from Team Calendar unless Issue Created Date is chosen

Please vote for it so it will get more attention from the development team. You may also comment on the bug to emphasize your use case.

For now the workaround is to go ahead and choose Issue Created Date when you set up the Event.

Jordan Sutherland November 15, 2017

This a a very basic function of a change management calendar and part of what sold Team Calendars for our company...disappointed to see it doesn't work as advertised.

Damian Burne September 18, 2018

Is there a non-workaround way around this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events