cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing interim milestones in 'Team Calendar'

Nitin Malhotra May 23, 2013

Hi, My first time here.

New to using Team Calendar.

Quick question - what's the way to show interim milestones along the way of a Version?

For instance, our version/release x.y is going LIVE on 24th May.

There's various milestones along the way, like - locked for changes, testing complete, code lock down etc. These are generally fixed # of days before the 'release date' (or version due date) i.e. always 11, 7 & 4 days before the release date.

I've been trying to show all of these interim milestones on the calendar.

HOW?

1 answer

1 vote
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

You could use Jira issues with due dates at these points and update them once every release cycle. Then display them using a Jira calendar?

Nitin Malhotra May 27, 2013

Thanks Matthew. My idea was to automate this whole thing - such that when a release is delayed, the interim milestones are also shifted automatically.

I do like your idea but I think it's about the same as using a manual calendar (like 'events').

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2013

@Nitin, there isn't a way to automate this right now. I think the best answer is what Matthew suggested.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events