Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating Team Calendars 5.1 -> 5.2

Emmanuel Castanier September 22, 2015

Hi all,

I use daily Team Calendars with Confluence, I tried to update my plugin to 5.2 without succes. After the update no more calendar on the UI, just "$calendarHtml" .

I tried to see in logs, I have some SQL errors :

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: user lacks privilege or object not found: FK_AO_950DC3_TC_REMINDER_USERS_SUB_CALENDAR_ID

If I go back to 5.1, all work as usual. 

It seems a privileges problem but I never changed anything (I use the default embedded HSQL database).

Help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2015

Hi Emmanuel,

That's weird, that this problem is happening in HSQL, it usually happen with SQL Server. Being that said, This issue results from incorrect DB Collations on the columns:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Can%27t+Start+or+Upgrade+Confluence+Due+to+an+Error+With+MS+SQL+Server+Database+Collation

Simply updating the collation on the database is sufficient to get an upgrade to complete but it is not sufficient going forward since this setting applies only to newly created tables (eg. any tables a Team Calendar upgrade is creating). Updating that setting doesn't flow down to existing columns. The columns that pre-existed that setting change are still keeping the old collation. You can verify this by running that query in the article.

So as a result, the Team Calendar update is trying to create new tables with foreign key links to existing tables which still have the old collation.

Cheers,

WZ

0 votes
Emmanuel Castanier September 22, 2015

Thanks for the answer, I will check this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events