Moving team calendars to new server

Berndt Johansson September 27, 2017

I have moved confluence to a new server by installing the same version of confluence on the new server as the previous server (5.7.3) and the using the Backup (on old server) and restore (on new server). That worked fine.

However I downloaded the 5.3.11 version of the Team Calendars plugin and uploaded that to confluence but it fails to install properly. I tried to download a newer version, 5.3.15 and uploaded that but now it fails to install the old version altogether.

Please help!

Best regards

Berndt Johansson

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

Berndt,

1. Can you confirm you migrated your data using a site backup and not a space backup? This is necessary to get your Team Calendar data over.
  2. Besides downloading and installing Team Calendars, you also need to go to UPM (Plugin Manager) and activate Team Calendars there with a license. 
  3. When you say it fails to install properly and fails to install the old version, can you please let me know what you mean by that? Can you explain the exact behavior that is occurring and any errors that you see? 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Berndt Johansson September 28, 2017

Hi Shannon

Here are some answers.

1. Yes, I did a site backup. Worked fine, no errors.

2. After having managed to update all components, including the plug-in manager now I have the Team Calendars plug-in is enabled. The license status is indicated as "Valid" and it has the SEN number and license key properly in place. From the plug-in managers point of view everything is nice and dandy. And the license expires next year so it should not be a problem either.

3. Now it installs properly after having struggled with the updates for a while.

Now the page that should render the calendar only shows "Error rendering macro 'calendar': bundle [com.atlassian.confluence.extra.team-calendars]

Best regards

Berndt

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Berndt,

Thank you for confirming that!

Now, the Team Calendars add-on is fully activated in the UPM? If you disable and re-enable it, does the page display the calendar?

Are you able to load calendars when you click on the Calendars menu at the top of Confluence? 

If you were to remove and re-add the calendar macro in your Confluence page, does the error remain?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Berndt Johansson September 29, 2017

Hi Shannon

When I disable the plug-in and then try to re-enable it again it gives the following error.

"Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only"

License information is still in the plug-in box but it won't enable again. 

/Berndt

Re-loaded the page again and now it gave a different message but still failing to enable the plug-in.

"This add-on failed to enable. Refer to the logs for more information."

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2017

Thanks, Berndt,

Were you able to refer to the logs to see the full details as mentioned in the message?

You can attempt the action again and tail your Confluence log to see what occurs to cause that error. Once you find it let me know any errors you see including the Caused by: part after it to help narrow down the problem.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hi Shannon

The catalina log file gets this entry when I try to enable the plug-in.

It is not possible to post the exception in this reply since the web page complains about invalid html characters. Is there an email adress to where I can send the stack trace?

/Berndt

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2017

Berndt,

Nothing in the Confluence log, then, just the catalina.out?

I'm going to make a ticket in our support system. When you get the email can you reply to that with your stack trace?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 13, 2017

Hi Berndt,

I'm updating this here in case others have the same issue. In the end, you were able to resolve the issue by upgrading Confluence to the latest version and installing Team Calendars from Marketplace.

Take care, and have a pleasant weekend!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events