Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create two way synchronisation between Outlook/O365?

Chris Swinney July 5, 2017

I believe (but have not tested), that you can subscribe the OnPrem Teams Calendar for Confluence to a Google account which allows for two-way synchronization - i.e. a team member can either create an item in Confluence OR within their Google Calendar, and it will appear in both places - correct?

However, I can only see a way to subscribe to the Teams calendar in Outlook to create a one-way synchronisation. Outlook will suck information from Confluence, but you cannot add events in Outlook directly back to the team calendar.

We have part of a team in Google Apps and part of a team in O365, and even though each system has their own ability to create team shared calendars, it seems impossible to synchronise both without breaking something else. Hence looking at this product.

If you can’t get today Outlook/O365 to two-way sync, is this something that is planned for the future?

2 answers

0 votes
Jenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2018

We're excited to announce that we've now shipped two-way syncing (CalDAV) between Team Calendars Server and your preferred calendar app. For Outlook, the desktop version supports CalDAV, but unfortunately the browser version does not.

Check out the 6.0 release notes, or our subscription documentation for more details.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2017

You are right that Outloook can read from Team Calendars but we can't update Team calendars from Outlook. There is a request open to add that functionality: CalDAV support Please vote for it and comment to emphasize your use case to the development team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events