Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get *different* reminders for one event type in team calendars?

Frederick Roeser October 15, 2018

Hi,

I'm using Team Calendars and custom event types. However, even if it is the *same* event type, I want to have different reminders (e.g., Event Type X with 1 week, and for another event in Event Type X 2 days). Is this possible?

Kind regards

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2018

Hello, Anna.

As of now, Confluence does not have the feature that allows you to add multiple reminders on a single custom event. As we can see here, I was only able to add the same type of custom event with different reminders:

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 15.00.39.png

This is how it looks like on the Calendar (for example):

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 15.01.39.png

Before I dig deeper into this, may I know if there is any specific reason as to why there is a need to have multiple reminders to a single event? Just want to understand the context a little better.

Frederick Roeser October 18, 2018

Thanks so far! But I think for our employees it is confusing to have 2 event types for the same issue.

The problem is that we want to list different events of the same type, but for some it is important to get a very early notice (e.g., 6 weeks in advance) and for others 2 days in advance is okay. Another possibility would be to get a notice always 6 weeks in advance but then also (for the same event) a second notice 2 days in advance. (event type = conference, but for some conferences we have to plan way ahead, while for others we only take part and need almost no planning)

Kind regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events