Is Team Calendar Plugin still under development?

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

Dear Atlassian product team,

when i look at the Team Calendars for Confluence Marketplace version history then i ask me the question if this plugin is still unter development and has it a roadmap and will get features in the near future?

The last features / improvements were one year ago. Within the last 12 month we get only 3 bugfix release. 

Within this 12 month you increased the pricing for Confluence (that's fine) and also increase the pricing for Team Calendars. And the question is, why should we pay more, when we didn't get more?

At the moment it looks like Team Calendars isn't under active development and is only a side project.
At JAC there are no actual statements about outstanding features.

Regards,
Tim 

4 answers

2 votes
Stefan Ernst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

Due to the price increase and the lacking development as you have pointed out, we have discontinued licensing Team Calendars at the beginning of January (10000 User license)

I hope for all the remaining TC users that Atlassian will pick up development again.

Next on our list is Confluence Questions btw. 

0 votes
Thomas Kreft September 14, 2017

Good point - especially now, with the price increase of various Atlassian products, including Team Calendars.

I'm pretty much okay with the price increase of Confluence, but Team Calendars? If I'm not mistaken, there are over 550 open bugs and suggestions - with very little signs of progress.

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2017

2 price increases for Team Calendar -> No new value for that increased pricing. Oh within Marketplace there is a new logo :)

A good step, would be to put it into Confluence core for all customers. Then the increased pricing for Confluence will be fine because you get a value.

Same for Questions. This has a similar version history since 2016.

Like Thomas Kreft likes this
0 votes
Deleted user February 28, 2017

I assume that they are integrating Team Calendars as a Confluence core feature. In case they would stop development they had to notify all customers long before and not just move all related issues.

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2017

The JIRA Project isn't available at the moment: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/TEAMCAL

Edit: Seems that all the issues where moved to the Confluence project: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-113

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events