Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a .ics file into team calendars

aaron wideen April 3, 2013

Hi,

I am having some trouble importing a .ics file from outlook into Team Calendars. When uploading the .ics file I get the following error: "There is no valid time zone information in the uploaded iCalendar file".

This one is a bit specific because I am saving my calendar from outlook 2010 with the "Full Details" option marked. It works when I select to save the current days events and the weeks events but when I select to save the next 30 days the error appears.

It is essential to have the "Full Details" options because they have the event name, time, description, etc.

I also tried looking into the .ics file with notepad and I see the timezone variables so I am not sure what Team Calendar's is not seeing.

Thank you for your time!

-Aaron

====

2 answers

0 votes
aaron wideen April 18, 2013

Hi,

What line or how does the line look that contains the system time zone? I've tried replacing a few Timezones that I've found in the .ics but have had no luck.

Thanks,

Aaron

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2013

Hmm I think this means you have a timezone in your ics file that isn't supported. The quick workaround/fix for this is documented here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-95

Basically you should edit the file in a text editor, change the timezone to one that is supported, and import it back again.

aaron wideen April 7, 2013

Thanks Sherif!

I will have to try the fix.

aaron wideen April 7, 2013

What does the timezone line usually look like?

I see several TZID lines but am not sure which one it is.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events