Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I show MS Exchange Calendars in Confluence Team Calendars?

Mikkel Christensen June 8, 2015

I have just installed a trial version of Team Calendars in our Confluence instance.

The main use case is to get an overview of team vacations and other activities in one place. For that, I need to include the events in the MS Exchange calendars of my team members.

I cannot find any description of how to do that in the documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Team+Calendars+Home). I can find instructions for subscribing to a Google calendar (wrong software) or how to subscribe to Team Calendars from Outlook (wrong way), but obviously that does not help me.

MS Exchange is our main calendar system in the organisation. I was hoping that Team Calendars could help aggregate the information from Exchange into a nice overview.

4 answers

3 votes
Mikkel Christensen June 9, 2015

I have filled out the survey in that issue now. It is very disappointing if there is currently no way to display the Exchange/Outlook calendars of my team in Confluence Team Calendars.

Philipp Eckelmann January 24, 2017

Still not yet available. This feature is a MUST HAVE. Our teams are working with JIRA and Confluence but also coordinate their resources (meeting rooms, pool cars etc.) via Outlook. So, we need to integrate this.

0 votes
sandeep4774 June 10, 2019

I was able to do it by following steps below:
1. Login to Office 365 from browser.
2. Go to Outlook
3. Click Setting (Top Right Hand Side)
4. Click All Outlook Settings at the bottom
5. Go to Calendar tab -> Shared calendars
6. Select Calendar
7. Select Can view titles and locations
8. It will generate HTML link.
9. Copy that link
10. Now go to Wiki page where you want to import.
11. Edit Page and add Custom Content macro.
12. Set Width 100%
12. Paste above HTML link in URL field
13. Click Save

Jörn B. September 12, 2019

Hi Sandeep, where do you find or activate the "Custom content" macro in Confluence? If I activate and use the "Include HTML" macro, it doesn't work with obscure errors on the JS console.

Thanks for any help,

Jörn

0 votes
Deleted user January 26, 2017

Hello @Mikkel Christensen,

I tried it with Confluence 5.10.6 and Outlook 2010 (connected to company MS Exchange Server, Outlook Web App (OWA))

1. Select calendar in Outlook > Publish
  2. I was directed to our company OWA
  3. After the login I was in the calendar options > publish calendar.
  4. Select the calendar you wish to publish, the details then save
  5. Copy the ICS link
  6. In Confluence create a new calendar via subscribe by URL
  7. Enter a calendar name, Insert the ICS link in the URL field and click subscribe
  • The calendar is in Confluence and has all events
  • I can add an event via my Outlook client and after clicking on refresh in the Team calendar, this event gets displayed.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Patrice

Philipp Eckelmann January 27, 2017

Good evening Patrice,

Thanks for this approach. It's better than no solution at all...

...but it is not sufficient since this solution only works if your outlook is transfering the data. (For us) it would be necessary to have a connection to the MS Exchange Server as conference rooms and other resources do not "own" a computer with a running MS Outlook.

Best regards,
Philipp 

Deleted user January 29, 2017

Good morning @Philipp Eckelmann,

how did you check that Outlook ist transferring the data? As pointed out in may answer I was directed from my Outlook client to our company's MS Exchange Server to adjust the settings. There I copied the ICS URL. So as far as I am aware of the data come from our Exchange server.

Can you confirm this?

Cheers,

Patrice

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

You're most probably looking for this feature (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-113)..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events