Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display a single JIRA issue with a custom date field

Derek Sheeman January 19, 2014

I am trying to display a single JIRA issue on a maintenance calendar based on a custom date field called "Scheduled Date and Time"

I can see this field at the Project display level, but when I set a JQL to display only one issue (the only way I can ID how to add a single issue to the calendar) the custom field vanishesfrom the Single Date selection.

Aside from setting an event and just pasting a URL to the issue, is there a way to simply add one JIRA issue to a calendar?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2014

Ah, yes, I think you've run into a long-standing "feature" in Jira, whereby a field is only shown in search results if it is valid for ALL the issues that MIGHT be returned by a search.

Have a look at your "scheduled date and time field" in the list of custom fields. I bet it will say "Context: Project:infrastructure and tools". This means a query that does not explicitly say "search project infrastructure and tools", *might* get issues from project "fred" (yes, even if you say "and issue = xxx") which will not have the field, so the result kills off ALL the results.

Frankly, it's a bit of a pain, counterintuitive, and something I've repeatedly asked Atlassian to fix (the search should show the field at all times, but with n/a or something to sho w it's not valid. Not just drop the whole lot silently)

0 votes
Derek Sheeman January 19, 2014

As it turns out, I get the custom field to show up if I specify the project name in the query.

For example:

"project = "Infrastructure and Tools" AND issue = AUTHINF-12267"

shows "Scheduled Date and Time"

"issue = AUTHINF-12267"

does not.

Certainly strange behavior in my opinion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events