DOES NOT WORK

Deleted user April 5, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: When connecting to a named instance JIRA throws Connection refused

Ask your question here...

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user April 6, 2016

It didn't work for me because SQL Server 2014 TCP/IP connection was disabled on the SQL Server Configuration Manager...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2016

Ah, so the SQL server was misconfigured.  Well spotted!

0 votes
Deleted user April 5, 2016

I try to explain. I have SQL Server 2012 installed as a default instance and SQL Server 2014 installed as a named instance. I have the latest JIRA + Service Desk version running on a Tomcat. If I connect JIRA to SQL Server 2012 then works well. If I try to connect it with the 2014 one, doing exactly what this page says then it gives a connection refused error. Even I have cared of configuring SQL Server 2014 to run on an static TCP port instead of on a dynamic as it was by default. For that purpose I used the configuration tool that came out of the box with my SQL Server 2014.

What am I doing differently?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2016

That's where I'm stuck - I've got a SQL Server running as a named instance based on essentially pasting in the dbconfig given on that page.  So I don't know.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2016

Actually, yes it does. 

So the question becomes "what are you doing differently?"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events