Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Replacing a failed plugin with an older version.

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Hi all,

I am in an urgent need here.  Atlassian hasn't gotten back to me, and I have installed Team calendars 5.2.11 and it simply does not enable.  This is a very highly used tool needed daily by my users.   I went and got 5.2.10 but every time I upload it, it does not replace 5.2.11?!?   Do I have to uninstall 5.2.11 first?   Will any data be lost if I do that?  (We are using Confluence 5.7.3)

As for 5.2.11 the log files states:

2015-05-19 08:09:13,974 ERROR [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 45] [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] fail Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.confluence.extra.team-calendars], unsatisfied dependencies: none
-- referer: https://cww-us.comsol.com/confluence/plugins/servlet/upm | url: /confluence/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.confluence.extra.team-calendars-key | userName: robertn
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schema/context]

Thanks in advance,

Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nelson Carranza
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Hi Robert,

Yes you need to uninstall. Data will not be lost, however, you can make a back up of the following tables

`AO_950DC3_TC_CUSTOM_EV_TYPES`, `AO_950DC3_TC_DISABLE_EV_TYPES`, `AO_950DC3_TC_EVENTS`, `AO_950DC3_TC_EVENTS_EXCL`, `AO_950DC3_TC_EVENTS_INVITEES`, `AO_950DC3_TC_JIRA_REMI_EVENTS`, `AO_950DC3_TC_REMINDER_SETTINGS`, `AO_950DC3_TC_REMINDER_USERS`, `AO_950DC3_TC_SUBCALS`, `AO_950DC3_TC_SUBCALS_PRIV_GRP`, `AO_950DC3_TC_SUBCALS_PRIV_USR`, `AO_950DC3_TC_SUBCALS_PROPS`

Regards

Nelson

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2015

Thanks I did and it did go back to 5.2.10, but that now does not enable. Oh well, hopefully Atlassian will get back with me soon.

Nelson Carranza
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2015

You can also try to delete plugin cache; however, this requires to restart Confluence. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+clear+Confluence+plugins+cache

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2015

Great idea. I have scheduled a reboot for noon and when I do that I will remove all the caches...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events