What did you think of the Summit keynote?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

Was there anything new there that really gets you going?

I liked the inline comments in Confluence... I think it's been crying out for that for a long time. Previously we used sticky notes to fulfil a similar need, unfortunately due to browser quirks it wasn't a perfect implementation.

I was a little underwhelmed by the rest of it though. Several people editing the same confluence page was pretty cool, until you realise that Google Docs has had that for about ten years. I personally would rather they just fixed all the editor glitches before they introduce concurrent editing.

JIRA Portfolios will be worth a look, but it's an acquired plugin, rebranded, so not exactly new.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014
  • Data Center for JIRA, Confluence and Stash is a big thing, the public part of years of work within Atlassian.
  • Connect add-ons for Cloud JIRA are starting to appear
  • Service Desk, the PM bug about licensing was fixed

What kinds of surprises were you looking for, particularly in JIRA? For me, there are always about two dozen admin and convenience features I want adding to JIRA but I don't expect them to be a big thing at Summit.

I'm hoping you can make it next year if only so I can add you to my list of people that our consultants have to meet!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

I don't know, they wouldn't be surprises if I had predicted them ;-) I'm sure you are right, but jira DC was announced a long time before summit, Confluence DC had been around previously in a different guise. Service Desk, great, but I don't see that they've made something similar to other vendors, license wise. And yes, it's hard to finish a keynote by saying "and we've fixed that bug in the editor where you can't remove a newline between a code block and an h2". I will super definitely be there next year.

0 votes
Fabian Lopez September 11, 2014

Good Comment. 

Inline Edit was the the best announcement and I hope they can release it with some fixes to confluence editor too.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events