Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking two issues to one another

Karen Kelly April 8, 2019

Hi All, I am very, very, very new to JIRA. At my new job they use JIRA for many things but specifically projects. A project is created as an issue and then sub tasks are added to that issue. I won't to add Risks but not as subtasks because for me it gets to messsy.  Hence, my question to you is: Can I create a Issue called Risks to Project Name and then link it to the Project that I created as an issue? Does that make sense?

I have issue created - Project ABC with subtasks; 1) Get this, 2) Get that.... 10) Do this. I would like to creeate another issue related to Project ABC called ABC Risks List with subtasks; 1) Can't do that, 2) Won't do that ...... 10) If we do that and then link issue Project ABC to Issue ABC Risks List.

Thank you 

Karen Kelly

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2019

Yes, you can.  As your "projects" are represented as issues, and your risks will be too, you can use "issue linking" to link them together.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/linking-issues-939937913.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events