What were you doing when you found out the Summit 2020 was cancelled?

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 5, 2020

Yes, we're all upset, but we have to move on from this. Best way to do it? Put a funny spin to it. 

So, what were you doing when you found out about the cancellation and use a meme to express your reaction :P 

I was with my boss, discussing if Summit will happen over coffee. The minute she walked towards her car and I walked into the lift for my office — I received the most dreaded email of the year from Anthony ;) 

Here's the meme of my reaction:

Internally:

giphy

In front of my team:

giphy

Now your turn :D

10 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 5, 2020

I can't remember but I was not alternating between refreshing Atlassian Community and the Summit registration webpages or cycling between summit channels in three Slack workspaces.

Image result for anything but that

Work. I was working.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

Wednesday nights is my wife's night out.  So I happen to be giving our son a bath when I saw the news on my phone... I may or may not have looked like this after he went to bed.

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 5, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon Hahahahah

I was really looking forward to meeting with you and thank you in-person for the warm welcome to the community. You've been such a fantastic support :)

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

@Poorvi Jhawar one of these days it will happen!

Like Poorvi Jhawar likes this
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2020

I like your positive attitude @Poorvi Jhawar .  :)

I was filming a Jira administration course, where one of my recommendations was that admins should attend Summit!

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 5, 2020

Thanks @Rachel Wright it's one of the virtues of being a marketer :P 

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2020

I was like ....

B1935D83-B036-4334-A25D-34C79F488C5C.gifand then I was like ....

11855F69-A3C8-49DE-9295-AE7FE9C485BA.jpeg

Like # people like this
johndpatton March 5, 2020

Was rough for me - like...

REFUNDME.png

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 5, 2020

@johndpatton this thread is positive vibes only :P 

I know the pain (a lot of people do), I had a holiday planned too around the same dates. :) 

Like johndpatton likes this

Hence the smiling Gene! 

I guess Jack above was more positive?

I'm very sad I won't get to see everyone! but I'm happy everyone is going to get together online - very cool!

chrisbuttenham March 5, 2020

Me..

giphy-downsized.gif

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 5, 2020

🤣😂

Joerg Mueller-Kindt March 6, 2020

Hyperventilated for five minutes, thankfully recovered most of the money that I spent already for reservations and invested i immediately into a private viewing party. (Stay tuned, there will be video :-) )

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 6, 2020

You got your money back? I lost it all 🙈

Looking forward to the video :) 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2020

Was literally on slack with Mark Livingstone planning the Summit road trip, when he slacked uh oh....   We cancelled the road trip in the next few hours, but plan on reviving it for 2021!!!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 6, 2020

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ 

This sounds like a fun road trip! Any chance some fun kiwis could be u cited next year 😉

Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2020

Still in a state of shock but there are a few people who cant get their flights and hotels cancelled so I heard they are making it to Vegas anyway and meeting unofficially.

Like johndpatton likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2020

I was sad that I wasn't going to be able to go to Summit this year because of some stuff happening at home. I was using Slack when I found out that is wasn't happening which satiated my FOMO a bit, but then I felt sad for all the rest who were planning on going. I'm glad the virtual summit was set up.

Like Kat Warner likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events