What do you hope to get out of Remote Summit this year?

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

Hey community members!

@Bridget gave us a little bit of a teaser, but I’m curious, what do you hope to get out of Remote Summit this year?

Do you want the event to leave you feeling inspired?

Maybe empowered?

Do you have specific questions that could help your team?

Are you trying to solve a problem for your organization?

I’m very curious about improving communication.

With Gliffy, our whole thesis is that visuals help teams collaborate. Sometimes, I find myself listening to a coworker explaining a process or an idea for a web page and the whole time, I’m imagining what it would look like as a diagram or wireframe.

For me, learning about different communication styles, new ways of sharing ideas, and better collaboration practices could spark more ideas for Gliffy features or uses. (And just make me a better person to work with!)

So, what do you hope to learn or take away from Remote Summit this year?

Samie

P.S. Happy Weekend!

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 8.39.55 AM.png

4 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

Great question @Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy!  I was at the 2019 Summit and last year I decided to go in without any expectations and just take in the entire experience.  This year I had specific goals & objectives for the Summit. 

When it transformed into a Remote Summit, a number of my plans/objectives seemed to be less important to accomplish at the Summit. 

Now, I'm feeling much like I did last year, where I'm going into without any plan or objective and just take in as much of the virtual experience as I can.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2020

It is interesting to think about the difference between a physical event and a virtual one. Especially if your business is paying for you to attend, making sure you've got clear objectives is probably extra important. Now, it's probably more okay to just try to soak it all up.

I'm really excited to see what the different sessions are, though, and be strategic about how I spend my time in those. :)

Ulrika Eriksson March 23, 2020

Learn new things, get inspiration from others in way of working with Atlassian tools and get to know about product updates and whats happening around Atlassian tools i.e News and updates.

And maybe also a good and exciting keynote speaker. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

Love a good keynote :)

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2020

I am most curious to find out how the alternative version of Summit will be run and organised. Very interested to pick up ideas for hosting remote events ourselves. Looks really challenging to me and I know there are some really creative minds behind all this, so looking forward to get surprised!

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2020

Gosh, I can't imagine trying to organize something like this on the fly. I feel like they should do a webinar or something afterward (once they've gotten some sleep and recovered) along the lines of "how we pulled it off & what we learned along the way"!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2020

Absolutely. Although I do hope it won't be soooo good that people might start getting ideas about replacing the real Summit with a virtual experience ;-)

Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ March 31, 2020

I've been lucky enough to attend two Summits in the last two years (Barcelona and Vegas last year). Two of my colleagues were supposed to attend this year (as they can't keep sending me :( ) so i'm happy I get to participate, albeit remotely.

I always enjoy the atmosphere of the keynotes, although this year from my little spare bedroom office won't quite be the same! :)

Looking forward to key messages and any product announcements!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events