Summit Selfies & Swag

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 2, 2018

Here's a sneak preview of one of my pieces of swag: a sweet and snazzy laptop sticker. I'll post more in the comments as Summit gets underway!

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 3.19.59 PM.png

In the meantime, share your own snaps in this thread and earn some online swag: your Summit September badge. See you all on the expo floor!

32 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2018

I have this swag I claimed before we packed all the goodies for our booth. Does that count?

IMG_20180903_151437.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 3, 2018

@Kat Warner so unfair that your team is here without you! You should be here!!

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 3, 2018

It is completely fair :) I'm with the rest of the team in our office helping customers. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 4, 2018

@Kat WarnerI said hi to your team!

tmp_21007-20180904_1748525577910652004654083.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 4, 2018

Sorry, I uploaded this on mobile, and apparently the editor decided I should be sideways. 🙄

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

Aw, he's the sweetest little pen bobbler! Cool pins!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2018

Awww that's beautiful!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 3, 2018

Here's a picture of me in my snazzy community shirt ( @Kat Warner, tell your colleagues to stop by the booth and pick one up for you).  I guess that means I'm the first person to get the Summit September badge! 😆

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 3.55.35 AM.png

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

Huzzah for some stinkin' cute selfies!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2018

OMG I want one of the she/her buttons as I am a positive space ambassador! Where can I get one?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 10, 2018

@Jodi LeBlanc sorry I missed this, I'll find out if we have some leftover! It was a blank badge and your choice of pronouns including "They/Them" and "Ask Me," or you could write one in. Very inclusive!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

No worries Monique, I am so happy to see the pronouns being used at conferences! Such a great practice for inclusion :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 11, 2018

@Jodi LeBlanc might make a good topic for the Diversity group if you're interested in starting one! I love the idea of including pronouns in email signatures also, to normalize the idea of not assuming. 

Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

Find brothers at summit :)

photo_2018-09-04_12-27-55.jpg

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

Oh man, that's epic!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2018

Love it!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

We made this trip from Moscow to Barcelona to get his foto :)

2018-09-04 17.05.00.jpg

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

hahaaha, too much awesomeness in one picture! Looks like you guys are having loads of fun ^_^

Money well-spent obviously.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

I really want to go to Moscow.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

@Nic and everybody are very welcome to come. Let me know, if you are going to come. Mark and me promise city tours and Moscow AUG :)

Deleted user September 4, 2018

IMG_2085.jpeg

Stopped by the Community Booth @Ashley Elder Maura Randall Stephanie Grice hard at work getting the live stream working for everyone to enjoy! 

Deleted user September 4, 2018

IMG_2087.jpeggreat experience in the expo hall with the community

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

@Monique vdB- how could you crop me out like that? Edited for originals:

#havingfuninbarcelona #partyhardy #swaglife

tmp_21007-20180904_1748525577910652004654083.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 4, 2018

🤣🤣🤣

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

Went and said "Kia Ora" (or something in that range) to your coworkers, @Kat Warner  They are super nice! Missed meeting you at Summit- next time hopefully

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

Oops, posted on the wrong part of this discussion. @Meg Holbrook that's hilarious!

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
September 5, 2018

50 bonus internet points for your all @Monique vdB@Meg Holbrook, and @carolyn french

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

I won the internets today. Thanks @Kat Warner

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2018

@Meg Holbrook, LOL love it. 

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2018

I think my enthusiasm for New Zealand scared them a bit.  Was just super excited.  I hope someone can bring me some L&P to US Summit ;-)

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
February 24, 2019

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ - how does white chocolate flavoured with L&P sound to you? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2019

That sounds super interesting! 

So weird how much I miss that soda.  :D

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2018

EB53A658-87DD-4D10-8FB0-3E94094E2584.jpeg

Awesome days in Barcelona  - @Monique vdB and Beyonce (aka @Thomas Schlegel)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

@Monique vdB & @Thomas Schlegel 😍😍😍

NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

*duplicate removed*

NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

Amazing time at summit. Thanks for everything AUG team! (Not pictured, Celina & Cassie)

20180905_083249.jpg

Celina Zamora September 12, 2018

awwwww! Love this :) 

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
September 18, 2018

Wooo, love this!!!!  <3 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

This is a true selfie over at the Community Booth! You can tell because however I upload it, it flips upside down. You guys are what makes Summit AWESOME (everyone at Community) :)

20180905_103109(1).jpg

Like AyBee likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

@[deleted] nice pic. While making this mention I came across the problem of multiple accounts (I am not sure which of your accounts to choose, I chose the first one) :) 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

You chose the right one- phew :) Yeah, we will be working on that with the community team. Super excited that Maura and others are keen to address this problem with us as guinea pigs/helpers.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

I think it is necessary to turn the computer screen upside down to see this photo...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

I think they're catering for the community south of the equator!

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
September 18, 2018

tardy for the party but Summit was so much fun and this picture brightens my day <3 

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018
Here it is
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

@Mark Markov and @Alexey Matveev answering questions on Community

2018-09-05 13.28.38.jpg

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

No breaks for the Champs eh!

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

Cool!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 10, 2018

@Alexey Matveev I love it!

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

20180905_140729.jpg

My newest Atlassian hoodie was hard earned and much loved.  So proud to have finally earned one, after *oooing* at them at my first Summit in 2016.

Like AyBee likes this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

Congrats- well-deserved!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_- yeahhhhhh! Awesome!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

Oooh! Nice.

Larry Brock _Praecipio Consulting_ September 5, 2018

Woohoo @kimberly deal!!!  So happy for, and proud of, you!!!! :high-five: 

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

Thanks @Larry Brock _Praecipio Consulting_.  Summit wasn't the same with out ya!  Though I did find myself often in the company of yet another Austinite. ;) Vegas?

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2018

Absolutely @Kimberly Deal!!  I'm already planning my talk submissions (yes, multiple) to earn the trip from my employer.  Community Champ incentives will help too!

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
September 18, 2018

Congrats Kimberly! So proud of all your achievements this year :)

Alyssa Priddy September 5, 2018

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_AWESOME! Congrats! Working on my own one day :)

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

@Alyssa Priddy I have no doubt you will soon be wearing an Atlassian Certified hoodie yourself soon!  Can't wait to give you a "finally certified Hi-Five" 

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

This thread right now

giphy

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

I haven't met many of you but I DID meet @Alana Fernando and she was so unbelievably nice and sweet to bring tea for my colleague and me from home (and in exchange, she got shirts and a swag bag from our booth on Summit). Again, thanks a lot @Alana Fernando, I really enjoyed meeting and talking to you and I still can see your face turning red above this little surprising kiss ;) I hope you don't get into trouble at home. Next time we go swag-hunting together! :D

session-bvrt4x2z3-0453.jpg

Like AyBee likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

hahahaa @Max Foerster - K15t - that eyebrow };)

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

Would it be weird to dress up as pirates and cruise around with custom 'swag pirates' shirts? 

Like LarryBrock likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

Nope....and this needs to happen!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

@Meg Holbrook the iBrow™ thing was new something to me myself :D And don't forget the stuffed Parrot on your should with the shirt!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

If I'm not mistaken, there's a @Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_ in there.  Someone I think of as an honourary champion for all the help he's given me (and others) over the years.  Just because he's not matching the champion rules for the website doesn't mean you can't be a champion on other grounds!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2018

I LOVE photo booths — y'all look amazing!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

You're not mistaken @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, that's him :) And thanks @Erica Moss :)) This photo booth had an amazing picture quality!!! 

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

😂 Finally with sponge bob and Mr Patrick star... and @Max Foerster - K15t I invite you to join with me and @[deleted] for swag hunting next time... 😆

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, I was away for quite a while. Thank you so much for mentioning me. Maybe I'll get myself a "honorary champion" patch and put it on my vest ;-)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

Finally getting some downtime to catch up. It was a great Summit for me. It was a Summit of abundance: info, cloud changes, connecting, tapas, vino, walking, etc. The only thing missing was decent sleep. 😴 

This caught my eye on the way to the Community lounge. I didn't know a doughnut wall was a thing.  

team.jpg

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2018

@Jack Brickey This is unbelievable. 🍩

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2018

@Jack Brickey - This is probably making me the most jealous right now. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2018

@Erica Moss - is that a tiny Erica in the bottom corner? 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

I loved the smell of the chocolate donuts near the TEAM wall

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2018

@Meg Holbrook & @Jack Brickey OH MY GOD. How did I miss that. 😂

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2018

While I have a picture of this myself, I had to use this one for my recent post in my AUG group, just cause it had @Erica Moss in it.  I feel sorta like it is like using Hidden Mickey's :D

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ Am I famous yet? 😉

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ - next summit we also need stickers of @Erica Moss' face. 

Pirate gear, Erica stickers, and disposable cameras... my luggage is already getting heavy!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2018

Ha! @Erica Moss that is too much win and awesome right there

@Meg HolbrookLets do this!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2018

Not my picture, and not at the summit venue,  but worth an upload, as these are some of the people shaping how the community works.  And it's always worth getting Mo and Susan on-screen, as they add so much to our community

AtlassianCAB.jpg

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2018

Thanks people who contribute to the community., no matter where you are!

Deleted user September 9, 2018

Did Mike photobomb?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2018

Nope, we asked him to join us.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Great to see everyone in one spot. 😄

Deleted user September 9, 2018

Here is the picture I took from the community meeting. So many passionate people in one place! You're doing amazing work. Go Atlassian Community!IMG_1095.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2018

Sven, great photo! Thanks for getting everyone together for this "end-of-the-day" photo. Awesome group of folks to be sure.

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

Thanks Sven! :)

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

I see some familiar faces 😉

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 10, 2018

@[deleted] thanks for taking this pic! It's great!!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

Aww!! Such a lovely group of people. Can't wait for Vegas.

Celina Zamora September 12, 2018

What a great group! Missed all your faces, but hopefully will see you all in Vegas! 

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

Great shot Sven! Thanks for sharing!

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2018

@Monique vdB - does everyone one this photo automatically qualify for the September challenge? While this particularly great shot has been taken by Sven, the entire photo shoot setting has technically been a group-selfie ;)

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
September 18, 2018

What a day and what a group!!! <3

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

@[deleted] Thanks for taking the pic and it was nice to see you there

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

As my very first summit, I enjoyed it a lot with all of you I met there. it was fun and awesome. 

here is a one with @Monique vdB

IMG_20180903_210312_174.jpg

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

@Alana Fernando ❤️❤️❤️

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 10, 2018

@Alana Fernando I miss you 

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

Miss you too @mo... 

@Erica Moss hope to meet you next time ❤️

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

@Alana Fernando Same, my friend!

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

The Summit brought great news to all Atlassian fans :)

Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

Okay, I'm going to explain myself and see if I can get a mercy pass.

I'll start of by stating the following:

• I did not explicitly visit the community stand
  • I did not receive swag specifically from the community stand
  • I did not take any selfie with a communiteam member

However, I did meet with my local AUG leader behind the community stand, and I did - through meeting various AUG leaders and community champions during my time at summit - get allowed into the community VIP area during Bash

I also managed to get a laptop sticker, a community tshirt (it's slightly too small, though :( ), and a popsocket when I joined the Finance Industry User Group lunch which we signed up for ahead of time; picture to prove two of the three - one of which has been in constant use and greatly satisfied my urge to fidget, can you tell which one it might be?:

SYm0srt

@Monique vdB, any chance I get a mercy pass on this?

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2018

The sticker is really looking good by the way! :) But still, the round Atlassian University one is my favorite.

image.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2018

@Max Foerster - K15t, is there a laptop under there? ;-)

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2018

@Jack Brickey I don't know for sure. I'm using a different device for my daily work. That's just a sticker dummy for bragging! ;) I should try to open that device!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 12, 2018

@aaron.williams, the gods have shown you mercy 🤣

Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

@Max Foerster - K15t my company lifecycle policy means I get a new machine in February, so I'm holding onto this one for dear life until then; I have a big deadpool decal covering the backlit logo right now, so I'm pretty proud of that one.

@Monique vdB you have no idea what this means to me, especially as we have Miserere playing in the background; I'm pretty emosh right now... (alright, that just ended and we have some Blake Shelton on, so I'm cool... I'm cool...)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 12, 2018

@Aaron Williams I wish I could click "like" on "emosh." Welcome to the world of the monthly challenges!

Also y'all may be interested in this discussion about laptop stickers.

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

Nice to see all of this love around in this thread! Mine will be:

IMG_6603.jpg

Meeting with all the Communiteam and fellow Champions/AUG Leaders was a blast!
Thanks again Stephanie for this nice shot :D

Like AyBee likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

@miikhy international man of mystery. 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2018

I didn't make it to take a selfie with one of the community team, but it get some swag when spending some time on the community workshop. 

For example this great scarf, that perfectly prepares for the upcoming winter.20180913_123808~01.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2018

Since my Co-Leader couldn't make Summit, I split my swag with him.  He got the Scarf and T-Shirt.  I kept the travel pouch and phone thingy.  :D  Great Community Swag this year.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events