Summit Chat - it's a bit socially distant

johndpatton April 1, 2020

Anyone having issues with Summit Chat? 

I also had to use a different ID - so I'm like two people again...

https://youtu.be/M5azNpTwVk8

Hello? 

1 comment

Comment

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Its not great. Biggest issue for me is that they don't pop out into their own window

• Can only have one open at a time. I'd like to follow (or at least be able to skim) some different ones to see where there are interesting discussions.
  • Would like to be able to follow a chat while browsing other content.
  • Limited screen real estate

Also find the scroll annoying. It seems to page up and down rather then a smooth scroll.

Like johndpatton likes this

Great observations- I keep trying to use multiple screens but is causes some user violation and kills the content in the window. Shovels with rules...

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

The only time I was able to have multiple chats open was from the Chat Lounge. I had Agile, Collaboration, ITSM and Modern Development & DevOps all open at once.

Like johndpatton likes this

I did notice if you "minimize" not "close" a window you can get it back with that tiny chat icon next to search...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events