SAP can be integrated with Jira? WOW!

Marc Kilgus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2019

This week I learned that there is actually an SAP integration with Jira. I worked with SAP/R3 in the my previous jobs and it was really painful. Having JIra or even a Kanban board as an interface would have made the onboarding and the life so much easier for so many people.

1 comment

Comment

Allison Carlson May 24, 2021

@Marc Kilgus   What app did you end up using to integrate Jira with SAP?

did you pull data from SAP or push data to SAP?

was it server or Cloud?

i've been researching SAP <> JIRA integration apps and community posts and looking for thoughts, suggestions and feedback.

thanks!

Marc Kilgus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2021

Hi @Allison Carlson,

Unfortunately, I did not have to implement this myself. I just wished I had this many years ago. Sorry. But it would have been Server.

However, I am aware of another customer who is doing a lot of SAP sync and they are using only the REST API. Almost constantly pushing and pulling data to and from SAP. In order to cope with the load, they dedicated one of their Jira nodes for API calls to reduce the load on the remaining nodes and therefore reducing the impact on other users.

Allison Carlson May 25, 2021

Thanks for taking time to respond Marc!

I believe we will go the REST API route as well.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events