cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Summit has it benefits where Keynotes are concerned

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

In past summits I have found myself missing something and desperately wishing I had a rewind button.

With everything going on at my house this past week (renovating the kitchen) and work I have come to really enjoy the ability to pause, rewind the Keynotes. I find myself going back to answer the ever important question... "what did they just say???".

How have these remote keynotes worked for others?

6 comments

Comment

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

Yes, especially as a non-native-speaker, this ability is great. But nevertheless, I prefer the live experience. Some speakers are quite hard to understand due to technical problems while recording the sessions.  

Like Michal Patoprsty likes this
johndpatton April 2, 2020

Ditto

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

I've felt the spirit was just gone completely...

I would have preferred the keynotes to be live streamed. And live.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2020

As a non-native-speaker and making it managing with homeoffice I‘m totally with @Jack Brickey and @Thomas Schlegel 

Good to hear that the technical problems where not according to my sh***y internet connection 😅

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

Yeah, in some ways the keynotes felt a bit more sterile. Not sure if that wan because it was remote or the fact that is was pre-recorded. Part of me thinks that live would feel a bit less polished and thus a bit more human and relatable.

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Michal Patoprsty April 15, 2020

I think there were speakers who can be much more passionate to live. Also, I found that I would appreciate subtitles during keynotes. Anyway it was very great that I was able to listen to keynotes and drink coffee from my favourite cup :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events