Miscellaneous Monday - Thirty Five Days, Twenty Three Hours, Nineteen Minutes

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

Happy Monday everyone!

The buzz around Atlassian Summit 2019 gets louder every day! This will be my first time visiting Las Vegas and I want to know: What sessions are you most looking forward to during the Summit and what extracurricular activity is on your itinerary?

From what I hear, there's plenty to do and see. In fact, I just learned that the Blue Man Group has a recurring show most evenings and I might have nerded out a little bit. 

The sessions I'm most excited about this year are going to be the ones focusing on deployment of Atlassian products to non-technical teams. It's super exciting to hear about new applications and use cases.

Hope to see you all there!

2019-03-04_8-40-29.png

7 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

This is my first summit and my first time to Vegas!

I'm most looking forward to meeting a few of you guys and the community workshop.

The extracurricular activity would have to be gambling, hope I can fit it in with only three days in Vegas.

Also, I can highly recommend blue man group, it's a great show!

Like Meg Holbrook likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

@Patrick Cartier [Candylio] I'm excited about the community workshop as well. I wasn't involved much in the community the last Summit - but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this time around. 

Like Monique vdB likes this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

I won't be attending this year but I'm very excited to hear the outcome from our community activities! (Is my bias coming through? lol 😬)

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

@BiancaE I'm sure you'll have enough feedback to keep you busy until next Summit! We'll miss you though!

Like BiancaE likes this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

@Meg Holbrook  I believe it!

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2019

😂

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

I’m looking forward to Summit for sure. While I’m not a huge Vegas fan it can be fun and I’m sure it will be for Summit. If you have never seen the Cirque du Soleil Love and have a chance I highly recommend it even if you aren’t a Beatles fan (do those people exist?). Can’t wait to see everyone!

Like # people like this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

@Jack Brickey I was really surprised at the number of shows that are ongoing there. 

Like BiancaE likes this
Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

Hm,

only 25 days left for me before starting a little pre-summit vacation in the US. So excited.... There are some AUGgies visiting the Cirque du Soleil show KA (MGM Grand) on Monday, 8th at 7pm. Seen that one about five years ago & it's amazing! So, get a ticket & join! For sure there are some meetups afterwards ;-)

Like # people like this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

@Jan-Peter Rusch - that sounds like a blast! Great that you were all able to coordinate getting to a show together. 

Like BiancaE likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2019

I always wanted to see cirque du soleil - hopefully next year :)

Like Jan-Peter Rusch likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 6, 2019

I am mostly looking forward to meeting some of the people I interact with in this community in person.

I haven't looked at the schedule yet.

I'll be using some of the ~14 hour flight time to study for my Confluence exam on 8th April. 

Like # people like this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2019

Best of luck on your exam @Kat Warner !!

Michael Thompson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2019

If you get the opportunity, I highly recommend seeing Ka by Cirque du Soleil at MGM Grande. I saw this show a few years ago and it's still the best live entertainment I have ever seen, truly amazing.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2019

Thanks for the recommendation @Michael Thompson !!

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2019

This is my first trip to Vegas too, but I probably won't be able to do much outside of the conference area. Two of the reasons I'm going are pre-Summit; test prep and cert exam on Monday and all-day Dashboards on Tuesday. And, unless I can work ahead enough, much of the evenings will be spent doing homework for my Masters degree.  

I'm still planning to have some fun at some point though, and I'm really looking forward to relaxing in the hotel's hot tub for a bit. 

Like # people like this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2019

@Scott Theus - you can allow yourself one evening of fun - I'd tell you it won't hurt, but that just depends on how much fun you get into. 

Huge high fives for prioritizing your coursework though, you're achieving amazing things - best of luck on your exam!

Like Scott Theus likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2019

Wow Scott, I love how disciplined you are with your studies. Hard work pays off, good for you!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events