Is anyone still goin to Vegas?

chrisbuttenham March 5, 2020

Hey there! Curious what the appetite is for folks who can't get their flights refunded to still head to Vegas; vendors, partners, customers, Atlassian's—is anyone still heading to Sin City at the end of March?

I'm thinking of going, as I can't get refunded for my accommodations anyways. I'm thinking about setting up a low-key meet-up to commiserate on the lack of Summit this year.

Thoughts?

16 comments

Comment

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

@chrisbuttenham  Sad, but i suppose  not so many will be interested for a trip. Safety first.

Like chrisbuttenham likes this
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

Hi,

can't get my flight cancelled... So I will be in Vegas for a day or two. Other Community Leaders are joining it, at least for now...

Like # people like this

Keep me posted. Perhaps we can sync up!

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

Sure do...

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2020

Thanks to POTUS, I'm not allowed to enter the US for the next 30 days. Now I got my flight cancelled...

Tomáš Vrabec March 5, 2020

I am already on my way. Paid hotel and flights from my own pocket, will not receive any money back, everything prepaid. So I will finish my trip and stay in Vegas for those 5 days .. 

Like # people like this
Will Le March 5, 2020

Hi All,

From Perth, Australia and we've booked our flights and hotels which have all been pre-paid. I'm really keen on meeting up too so definitely interested in any meet ups. 

Thanks

Will

Like # people like this

Will keep you posted!

johndpatton March 5, 2020

Same situation - all pre-paid - happy to join the party if there is one!

Like # people like this

Hey @johndpatton ! Let's sync up. I'll keep you posted.

Ashley Baker March 5, 2020

Like others - I'm still travelling, and keen to meet up with others. Also from Australia, so keen to learn more from others. 

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2020

+2 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️We also can't do a refund so we'll be there and will be up for any meetups

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2020

Hey guys, David, Marketplace Vendor here. We're most likely there with 1-2 people and happy to meet or do some App training if someone is interested!

Like # people like this
chrisbuttenham March 9, 2020

Let's make it happen @David Toussaint _Communardo_ 

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2020

I was able to cancel all my stuff. So I won't be there, but considering how many people are going, I hope that you all do meet and I hope there are pictures!

kriisten March 6, 2020

Looks like there are quite a few folks interested in syncing up so we've put together an unofficial Meetup group you can join here: 

https://www.meetup.com/Atlassian-Summit-Meetup/

We'll be able to get an idea of headcount and then organize an appropriate venue/time to meet :)

Like # people like this
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2020

Ok, might be an important information for some travelers:

Lufthansa Group Airlines (Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Air Dolomiti) allow a variable rescheduling of booked flights until 31st December 2020 w/o costs.

This doesn't really help, as I can't reschedule for next Summit, but maybe some of you can decide to go later this year.

chrisbuttenham March 9, 2020

Thanks for sharing this @JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_ !!

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2020

Definitely going to be there :)

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2020

Okay, Trump just canceled my trip

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2020

So it looks like we're still a decent amount of people. Should we try to book some sort of meeting room or bar? What does your schedule look like right now?

kriisten March 11, 2020

Hey David–we're on it!

Currently in the process of sourcing a venue, thinking a cocktail bar on Tuesday evening would be best so everyone can be free for virtual Summit Wednesday/Thursday but open to suggestions, of course :)

Feel free to join the meetup group here: https://www.meetup.com/Atlassian-Summit-Meetup/

We'll be posting more details as things progress.

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2020

All travels from continental Europe to the US is suspended for 30 days starting Friday, March 13th 2020. We can all concentrate on virtual / remote Atlassian Summit 2020.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2020

as @JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_ wrote I'm officially out now as well. I'd say see you next year hopefully :(

Irina Sanikovich _StiltSoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 1, 2020

Hi everyone!

Atlassian Summit was always a great chance for Atlassian vendors all over the globe to meet our clients and Atlassian users in person.

This time we still have so many ways to stay connected!

That is why StiltSoft invites everyone to join our virtual booth and book a live demo where you can chat with us about Atlassian products and our apps: https://bit.ly/2X0mvtK

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events